By 2020, Champlain College will be the finest small, professionally and globally focused college in the United States.
Champlain's 2020 strategic plan outlines the following goals for the College:
- Achieve Distinctive Academic Excellence: Champlain College will offer challenging, innovative academic programs that align with the needs of the workplace and serve the unique needs of its three distinct student populations. These include: (1) an unparalleled traditional undergraduate experience that combines professional programs with a unique interdisciplinary core augmented by learning in life skills; (2) an adult undergraduate curriculum of relevant, life-long education leading to professional advancement; and (3) graduate education that expands technical competence, inspires critical thinking, embraces reflective learning and infuses the joy of life-long learning. All Champlain graduates will have the capacity to attain leadership roles in their various fields due to their professional skills as well as their abilities to think critically and creatively and to communicate effectively.
- Enrich Student Life: We will enrich student life for all Champlain students by providing experiences that embrace student development, personal responsibility, the application of life skills and career path development, and participation in the larger community.
- Enhance Financial Stability: Champlain College will operate from a position of financial strength. It is only through the careful management of resources that the College will have the resources needed for continuous improvement.
- Excite, Engage, and Empower Faculty & Staff: Engaged and empowered faculty and staff work and teach with passion, drive and innovation and move the College forward in order to achieve our vision. Over the next ten years, we will continually work to insure that Champlain faculty and staff recognize and honor the Champlain College culture while building a high performance environment in which staff and faculty excel and will become a leader in our ability to recruit, retain, develop and celebrate staff and faculty crucial to our success.
- Fostering an Inclusive & Diverse Community: Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain will be diverse in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community will have a sense of being a valued member of the College community.
Download a complete version of our plan, used to guide internal audiences.
Download a high-level version of the plan, shared outside the Champlain community.