New Staff and Faculty Appointments at Champlain College
BURLINGTON, Vt. -- As the beginning of the new academic year 2014-15 nears, Champlain College announces the following new staff and faculty hires and promotions:
Champlain College staff appointments:
- Susan Hoeppner was named systems manager in Information Systems.
- Jennifer McKenzie is now the Teacher Apprenticeship Program (TAP) coordinator in the Division of Continuing Professional Studies.
- Kerry Hill has been hired as a career services advisor.
- Sabattis Twichell has been hired as an area coordinator in Residential Life and Student Activities.
- Mary Grace Johnston is the new medical assistant in Student Health Services department of Student Life.
- Kristin Pishvanov is the office assistant & applications coordinator in Enrollment Management.
- Lisa Keller is coordinator of the LEAD Program.
- Christopher Thompson is curator in residence in the President's Office.
- Andrea Bever is activity & residence coordinator at Champlain College du Montreal.
- Irene Webster is Perry Hall receptionist.
Champlain College faculty appointments and promotions:
- Erik Shonstrom, M.F.A., a former adjunct, was promoted to Assistant Professor in the Core Division.
- David Mills, Ph.D., Professor and Assistant Dean for Adjunct Support in the Core Division.
- Robin Ploof, Ed.D., a former instructor, has been promoted to Associate Professor and Program Director of the M.Ed. in Early Childhood Education program in the Division of Education & Human Studies.
- Barbara Colombo, Ph.D., Associate Professor of Psychology in the Division of Education & Human Studies.
- Keith Oppenheim, M.S., Assistant Professor of Broadcasting in the Division of Communication & Creative Media.
- Li Jun (Rebekah) Zhang, Ph.D., Assistant Professor of Software Technology in the Division of Information Technology & Sciences.
- Yogesh Khatri, M.S., is now an Assistant Professor of Computer Information Technology in the Division of Information Technology & Sciences.
- Robin Collins, Ph.D., former science adjunct, is now an Assistant Professor of science in the Division of Information Technology & Sciences.
- Nancy Steeley is now an Assistant Professor of education in the Division of Education & Human Studies.
- Mary Grace Neville, Ph.D., Visiting Professor, Roger H. Perry Chair, in the Stiller School of Business.
- Richard Messier, B.S., a former instructor, is now an Assistant Professor and Program Director of Cybersecurity in the Division of Continuing Professional Studies.
- Ciaran Buckley, J.D., former visiting professor from Dublin and instructor, is now Assistant Professor in the Core Division.
- Lionel Beasley, M.F.A., is now an instructor in the Core Division.
- Brett Golann, Ph.D., is an instructor of marketing in the Stiller School of Business.
- Joseph Sikowitz, M.L.S., Circulation Manager and Access Services Librarian.
- Joanna Jordan, M.L.I.S., Digital and Systems Librarian.
The following faculty members were promoted to Associate Professor:
- Scott Baker, Ed.D., Stiller School of Business.
- Victor Stone, M.B.A., Stiller School of Business.
- Alfonso Capone, M.A., Core Division.
Founded in 1878, Champlain College is a small, not-for-profit, private college in Burlington, Vermont, with additional campuses in Montreal, Quebec and Dublin, Ireland. Champlain offers a traditional undergraduate experience from its beautiful campus overlooking Lake Champlain and more than 60 online undergraduate and graduate degree programs and certificates. Champlain's distinctive career-driven approach to higher education embodies the notion that true learning occurs when information and experience come together to create knowledge. Champlain College is included in the Princeton Review's The Best 381 Colleges: 2017 Edition. Champlain College is featured in the "Fiske Guide to Colleges" for 2017 as one of the "best and most interesting schools" in the United States, Canada, and Great Britain. Champlain was named one of the “Most Innovative Schools” in the North by the U.S. News and World Report’s 2017 “America’s Best Colleges and #91 in the overall list of “Best Regional Universities in the North. For more information, visit www.champlain.edu.