By 2020, Champlain College will be the finest small, professionally and globally focused college in the United States.
Your determination and initiative + Our radically pragmatic education = Career success
Audeamus. Let Us Dare.
Champlain College Manifesto
A radically pragmatic education. It's relevant today, and it's years ahead of its time. It fuels initiative. It has purpose. It prepares students in a unique way so they're ready for work, ready for life, ready for anything. Without it you're running in place. With it you're sprinting into the future.
At Champlain College, students come to us with passion and determination. We teach them what they want to know and help them understand what they need to know. We provide unparalleled support and revel in the partnerships we create. We offer tools to think and to act, and the opportunity to immediately put them to use. For those who are instinctively ambitious, we provide the agility to create a springboard for their ideas. Because learning how to think without knowing what to do is an education half-done.
At Champlain, both teachers and students stretch. Dreams start coming to life far before the degree is earned. We believe our radically pragmatic education is what makes it all possible.
It's what helps put initiative into practice. We could say we prepare students for the real world, but at Champlain they're already there. Let us dare to teach them, learn from them, and be them.
Audeamus. Let Us Dare.
Champlain College endeavors to be a leader in educating today's students to become skilled practitioners, effective professionals and engaged global citizens. Champlain's agile and entrepreneurial approach to higher education uniquely blends technology leadership, market savvy, innovation and fiscal responsibility with a commitment to liberal learning, community involvement and "the human touch." This distinctive approach permeates the delivery of relevant, rigorous student-centered programs in business, arts, applied technology and public service.
- Achieve Distinctive Academic Excellence: Champlain College will offer challenging, innovative academic programs that align with the needs of the workplace and serve the unique needs of its three distinct student populations. These include: (1) an unparalleled traditional undergraduate experience that combines professional programs with a unique interdisciplinary core augmented by learning in life skills; (2) an adult undergraduate curriculum of relevant, life-long education leading to professional advancement; and (3) graduate education that expands technical competence, inspires critical thinking, embraces reflective learning and infuses the joy of life-long learning. All Champlain graduates will have the capacity to attain leadership roles in their various fields due to their professional skills as well as their abilities to think critically and creatively and to communicate effectively.
- Enrich Student Life: We will enrich student life for all Champlain students by providing experiences that embrace student development, personal responsibility, the application of life skills and career path development, and participation in the larger community.
- Enhance Financial Stability: Champlain College will operate from a position of financial strength. It is only through the careful management of resources that the College will have the resources needed for continuous improvement.
- Excite, Engage, and Empower Faculty & Staff: Engaged and empowered faculty and staff work and teach with passion, drive and innovation and move the College forward in order to achieve our vision. Over the next ten years, we will continually work to ensure that Champlain faculty and staff recognize and honor the Champlain College culture while building a high performance environment in which staff and faculty excel and will become a leader in our ability to recruit, retain, develop and celebrate staff and faculty crucial to our success.
- Fostering an Inclusive & Diverse Community: Recognizing that diversity is both a reflection of our world and a source of rich education, Champlain will be diverse in ways that reflect the world in which we live and work. All members of the Champlain community will have a sense of being a valued member of the College community.