- Ellen Zeman and Alan Carbery. "There & Back Again: a tale of building the e-portfolio-based, big, full-blown college-wide system, & deciding we're done with it. For now." AAEEBL (Association for Authentic, Experiential and Evidence-Based Learning) Annual Conference, Boston, MA. July 2015.
- Alan Carbery, Daniel Ransom, Heather Wilson, Ray Pun, Rachel Hamelers. "Frames into Action!" ACRL College Libraries Section Panel at American Library Association Annual Conference & Exhibition, San Francisco, CA. June 2015.
- Alan Carbery. "Authentic Assessment: building a longitudinal information literacy assessment model using student research artifacts." Assessment in Action Poster Session at American Library Association Annual Conference & Exhibition, San Francisco, CA. June 2015.
- Lindsey Rae. "The Show Must Go On: Using Principles of Dramatic Acting to Transform Us into More Intentional Teachers." WILU (Workshop for Instruction in Library Use), St. John's, Newfoundland, CAN, June 15, 2015.
- Alan Carbery. "Inquiry-based learning, blended instruction & critical pedagogy: navigating change in an embedded information literacy program." WILU 2015 Conference, St. Johns, Newfoundland. June 2015.
- Alan Carbery and Sean Leahy. "Evidence-based instruction: assessing student work using rubrics and citation analysis to inform instructional design." Journal of Information Literacy 9.1 (2015): 74-90.
- Andy Burkhardt and Alan Carbery. "Threshold Concept Secret Sauce: using inquiry-based learning to tackle ACRL's revised information literacy framework." Vermont Library Association Conference 2015, VT, May 2015.
- Alan Carbery, Sean Leahy, Janet Cottrell. "Data-driven librarianship." Vermont Library Association Conference 2015, Burlington, VT, May 2015.
- Janet Cottrell and Lindsey Godwin (Stiller School of Business). "A Practical Approach to Appreciative Inquiry in Action: Be the Change You Want to See in Your Library." 2015 ACRL National Conference, Portland, OR, March, 2015.
- Janet Cottrell, Sarah Faye Cohen (Open Textbook Network) and Cynthia Dudenhoffer (Central Methodist University). "Employing Innovation: Managing and Mentoring the DIY Librarian." 2015 ACRL National Conference, Portland, OR, March, 2015.
- Alan Carbery, Craig Gibson, Merinda Hensley, Sara D. Miller and Carl DiNardo . "The Framework for Information Literacy and its Impact on Student Learning." 2015 ACRL National Conference, Portland, OR, March, 2015.Lora Lee Smallman (SIUE) and Lindsey Rae. "Professional Development by Any Other Name: The What, How, & Why of Sustainable Lifelong Learning." 2015 ACRL National Conference, Portland, OR, March, 2015.
- Lindsey Rae. "Owning the Stage: Using Dramatic Theory to Improve Teaching." LOEX Quarterly: Vol. 40: Iss. 4, Article 3. October 30, 2014.
- Alan Carbery. "Puzzle Pieces: Assessing student work using rubrics and citation analysis for dual-purpose assessment." Library Assessment Conference, Seattle, August 4th, 2014.
- Andy Burkhardt, Sean Leahy, and Lindsey Rae. "Privacy Lost: Facilitating conversations about technology, privacy, and personal data on campus." Vermont Library Conference: Story Time: Advocate, Celebrate, and Be Heard, Burlington, VT, May 20, 2014.
- Alan Carbery and Janet Cottrell. "Inquiry-based learning online: designing and delivering a blended and embedded information literacy program." LOEX 2014: Creative Visualization: The Art of Information Literacy, Grand Rapids, MI, May 8-10, 2014.
- Lindsey Rae. "Owning the Stage: Using Dramatic Theory to Improve Teaching." LOEX 2014: Creative Visualization: The Art of Information Literacy, Grand Rapids, MI, May 8-10, 2014.
- Alan Carbery. Invited closing panelist. LILAC (Librarians Information Literacy Annual Conference), Sheffield, UK, April 25, 2014
- Alan Carbery and Sean Leahy. "Evidence-based instruction: Assessing student work using rubrics and citation analysis to inform instructional design." LILAC (Librarians Information Literacy Annual Conference), Sheffield, UK, April 23, 2014.
- Alan Carbery. "Online inquiry-based information literacy instruction: designing and delivering a blended IL programme." LILAC (Librarians Information Literacy Annual Conference), Sheffield, UK, April 23, 2014.
- Andy Burkhardt, Alan Carbery. "Exploring information landscapes and bubbles: facilitating students' discovery of their information selves." In Only Connect ... Discovery pathways, library explorations, and the information adventure, edited by Andrew Walsh and Emma Coonan. Huddersfield: Innovative Libraries, 2013.
- Janet Cottrell. "Reimagining a philosophy of excellence: New habits of mind." Invited panelist, ALA Annual Conference, Chicago, June 29, 2013.
- Sean Leahy. "Digitizing the Gilded Age: Building a Digital Collection at the Frick Art Reference Library and Brooklyn Museum Libraries and Archives." ARLIS (Art Libraries Society of North America), Pasadena, CA, April 27, 2013.
- Brian Mathews (Virginia Tech), Lauren Pressley (Virginia Tech), and Andy Burkhardt. "Hacking the Learner Experience." ACRL National Conference, Indianapolis, IN, April, 11 2013.
- Alan Carbery. "Arming the teacher librarian: using experiential learning and reflective practice to guide pedagogy". Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference, LILAC 2013, Manchester, England, March 25-27th, 2013.
- Janet Cottrell. "Excellence at Champlain: Groundhog Day in the Kuhlthau Model." In Managing Small College Libraries: Strategies, practices, and reflections of ACRL-award winning libraries, edited by Jacob Hill and Susan Swords Steffan. Oxford: Chandos Publishing, 2013.
- Andy Burkhardt, Michele Melia. "Information On The Bubble: A Recipe For Examining Your Information Diet." LOEX Conference, Columbus, OH, May 4, 2012.
- Janet Cottrell and Michelle Miller [Associate Provost], "Theory into Practice: Translating research into program development and improvement." (Symposium.) Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference, LILAC 2012,Glasgow, Scotland, April 11-13, 2012.
- Janet Cottrell and Sarah Cohen, "'Real Deal' Information Literacy: Designing and implementing meaningful instruction and assessment." Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference, LILAC 2012, Glasgow, Scotland, April 11-13, 2012.
- Sarah Faye Cohen, "The missing link: librarians and the teaching identity." Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference, LILAC 2012, Glasgow, Scotland, April 11-13, 2012.
- Andy Burkhardt, Phoning It In: Increasing Student Engagement Using Mobile Phone Polling. Library Technology Conference, St. Paul, MN, March 14, 2012.
- Janet R Cottrell. 2011. "What are we doing here, anyway? Tying academic library goals to institutional mission." College & Research Libraries News 72.9 (Oct., 2011): 516-520.
- Andy Burkhardt, Catherine R. Johnson, and Carissa Tomlinson. "In the spirit of Benjamin Franklin: 13 virtues of the next-gen librarian." College & Research Libraries News 72.8 (Sept., 2011): 450-467.
- Sarah Cohen, Andy Burkhardt, "Fun, Thoughtful Technology in the Classroom." VLA College & Special Libraries Section Conference, Castleton, VT, June 14, 2011.
- Andy Burkhardt, Sarah Cohen, "The Librarian Says 'Turn Your Cell Phones ON!'" NELIG Annual Conference, Lowell, MA, June 3, 2011.
- Janet Cottrell, Christopher Barth (Luther College), Workshop "Bringing the Revolution Home: Recruiting and Retaining the Next-Gen Librarian." ACRL National Conference, Philadelphia, PA, March 2011.
- Andy Burkhardt, Catherine Johnson (University of Baltimore), Carissa Tomlinson (Towson University), Panel, "In the Spirit of Benjamin Franklin: 13 Virtues of the Next-Gen Librarian." ACRL National Conference, Philadelphia, PA, March 2011.
- Andy Burkhardt, "Flypaper For Questions: Using Twitter to Find Questions and Reach Non-Users." Dartmouth October Conference, "Tools to Support Teaching and Outreach: A Mix of the New and the Tried-and-True." Hanover, NH, October 15, 2010.
- Betsy Beaulieu (Core Division), Janet Cottrell (Library), and Michelle Miller (Academic Affairs), co-presenters. "We're teaching but are they learning? Framing a campus conversation." Association for General and Liberal Studies National Conference, Austin, TX, Oct. 6-9, 2010.
- AGLS 2010 Exemplary Program Award. Presented to Champlain College on October 8, 2010 by the Association for General and Liberal Studies in recognition of our curriculum-embedded information literacy assessment program.
- Andy Burkhardt, Lyrasis Next Gen Librarian Award Winner 2010.
- Janet Cottrell, Michelle Miller, Craig Pepin, and Ellen Zeman, co-presenters, "ePortation: Moving minds, data, and institutions." Chalk & Wire annual conference, "Taking your assessment beyond the portfolio." Durham, NC, June 23-25, 2010.
- Andy Burkhardt and Sarah Faye Cohen. "Even an Ocean Away: Developing Skype-based Reference for Students Studying Abroad." Reference Services Review 38.2 (2010): 264 - 273.
- Andy Burkhardt. "Social media: A guide for college and university libraries." College & Research Libraries News 71.1 (Jan., 2010): 10 - 24.
- Sarah Faye Cohen, Janet R. Cottrell, and Michelle G. Miller, Co-presenters. "Building brick by brick: A pragmatic approach to measuring impact." Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference, LILAC 2010. Limerick, Ireland, March 29-31, 2010.
- Jennifer Vincent and Sarah Faye Cohen, co-presenters. "ePortfolios: Good for the student, good for the Institution." Pre-Meeting Symposium, "The Search for VALUE: Innovation, Economic Uncertainty, and E-Portfolio Assessment." American Association of Colleges & Universities, Washington D.C., January 2010.
- Sarah Faye Cohen, ACRL Member of the Week.
- Paula Olsen, Panelist. "Reference Round Table: how reference has changed in college and university libraries, and a look at online tools for tracking reference statistics." Kreitzberg Library at Norwich University. August 7, 2009.
- Andy Burkhardt, Presenter. "Business or Pleasure: Social Networking for Professional Purposes." Wils Hours Webinar, Madison, WI. August 4, 2009.
- Michele Melia and Paula Olsen, Presenters: "New Tricks (old dog?): The Information Literacy Program @ Champlain College," NELIG, Portland, ME, June 2009.
- Sarah Cohen, Janet Cottrell, and Cinse Bonino, Co-Presenters. "Embedding Information Literacy: An Exercise in Inquiry." Librarian's Information Literacy Annual Conference (LILAC), University of Cardiff, Wales, March 29-April 1, 2009. Winner of the Centre for Inquiry-based Learning in the Arts and Social Sciences award for an outstanding contribution to the Inquiry-based Learning and Information Literacy strand at LILAC 2009.
- Andy Burkhardt, Poster Presentation, "Technology Leaders on Campus." ACRL National Conference, Seattle, WA, March 2009.
- Sarah Cohen, Timothy Miner, and Lauren Nishikawa, Contributed Paper, "Percolating the Power of Play: Information Literacy and Gaming Level Up." ACRL National Conference, Seattle, WA, March 2009.
- Paula Olsen, Interviewee/Contributor, "Customer Success Case Study" Ebsco Information Services, 2009.
- Janet Cottrell, Presenter, "Something from Nothing: Bringing New Life to the Library Without New Construction." The Dartmouth Biomedical Libraries October Conference, Small-Scale Library Redesign Projects. Hanover, NH, October 4, 2008.
- Sarah Cohen, Presenter, "Information Overload: Helping Students Effectively Deal with Information Overload." Association of General and Liberal Studies Annual Conference, September 2008.
- Cohen, Sarah Faye. "Taking 2.0 to the Faculty: Why, who, and how." College & Research Libraries News 69.8 (Sept., 2008): 472 - 475.
- Cohen, Sarah F. and Cottrell, Janet R. 2008. "Champlain College: Miller Information Commons," in Transforming Library Service Through Information Commons: Case Studies for the Digital Age, edited by D. Russell Bailey and Barbara Gunter Tierney. Chicago: American Library Association. (pp. 111-115)
- Michele Melia, Co-Presenter with Kat Berry, Bennington College and Larraby Fellows, NE Regional Librarian at CCV. "Library Space - The Evolving Nature of Vermont's Academic Library Webspaces." 14th Vermont Library Conference, May 13 and 14, 2008.
- Janet Cottrell, Co-presenter with Associate Provost Michelle Miller, "Using e-Portfolios to Support Embedded Assessment of Information Literacy." Making Connections: ePortfolios, Integrative Learning, and Assessment. LaGuardia Community College/CUNY, April 10-12, 2008.
- Sarah Cohen, Presenter, "Web 2.0: Taking it to the Faculty" Computers in Libraries, Washington, D.C., April 2008.
- Tammy Miller, Presenter, "Practices and Pitfalls of Training Student Workers." Vermont Library Association Conference, Burlington, VT, May 2007.
- Sarah Cohen, Poster Presentation, "Take the Joystick: E-Gaming for the Library." ACRL Conference, April 2007.
- Sarah Cohen, Roundtable Discussion speaker, "Finding Your Career Sea Legs - A Roundtable Discussion on common early career issues, approaches to them, and possible solutions." ACRL Conference, April 2007.
- Sarah Cohen, Roundtable Discussion speaker, "Cultural collaborations put academic libraries in the campus spotlight." ACRL Conference, April 2007
- Marie Kascus, Presenter, "Assessment by User Survey." College & Special Libraries section of Vermont Library Association, Conference on "The Many Faces of Assessment: User Surveys, Collections and Information Literacy," Barre VT April 7, 2006.
- Paula Olsen, Initiator and Co-host, statewide Reference Roundtable. Montpelier, VT, December, 6, 2005.
- Sarah Cohen, Panel Speaker, "Scoping at a Small College? One School Sorts it Out." ALTCS Catalog Form and Function Interest Group, ALA Annual Conference, Chicago, June 2005.
- Kascus, Marie A., "Fundraising for Smaller Academic Libraries: Strategies for Success." College & Undergraduate Libraries 10.1 (July, 2003): 1-20.
- Janet Cottrell, Panel Moderator, "Partnering with Provosts," Vermont Library Association Annual Conference, Burlington, VT, May, 2004.
- Paula Olsen, President; Radka Ballada, Vice-President, Vermont Library Association College & Special Libraries section Conference, "Image of the Librarian. "Featured presenter: Ann Seidl, writer & director of "The Hollywood Librarian" plus a discussion panel including Jessamyn West, author of the early blog librarian.net. Burlington, VT, November, 2002.