- Janet Cottrell and Lindsey Godwin (Stiller School of Business). "A Practical Approach to Appreciative Inquiry in Action: Be the Change You Want to See in Your Library." 2015 ACRL National Conference, Portland, OR, March, 2015.
- Janet Cottrell, Sarah Faye Cohen (Open Textbook Network) and Cynthia Dudenhoffer (Central Methodist University). "Employing Innovation: Managing and Mentoring the DIY Librarian." 2015 ACRL National Conference, Portland, OR, March, 2015.
- Lindsey Rae. "Owning the Stage: Using Dramatic Theory to Improve Teaching." LOEX Quarterly: Vol. 40: Iss. 4, Article 3. October 30, 2014.
- Alan Carbery. "Puzzle Pieces: Assessing student work using rubrics and citation analysis for dual-purpose assessment." Library Assessment Conference, Seattle, August 4th, 2014.
- Andy Burkhardt, Sean Leahy, and Lindsey Rae. "Privacy Lost: Facilitating conversations about technology, privacy, and personal data on campus." Vermont Library Conference: Story Time: Advocate, Celebrate, and Be Heard, Burlington, VT, May 20, 2014.
- Alan Carbery and Janet Cottrell. "Inquiry-based learning online: designing and delivering a blended and embedded information literacy program." LOEX 2014: Creative Visualization: The Art of Information Literacy, Grand Rapids, MI, May 8-10, 2014.
- Lindsey Rae. "Owning the Stage: Using Dramatic Theory to Improve Teaching." LOEX 2014: Creative Visualization: The Art of Information Literacy, Grand Rapids, MI, May 8-10, 2014.
- Alan Carbery. Invited closing panelist. LILAC (Librarians Information Literacy Annual Conference), Sheffield, UK, April 25, 2014
- Alan Carbery and Sean Leahy. "Evidence-based instruction: Assessing student work using rubrics and citation analysis to inform instructional design." LILAC (Librarians Information Literacy Annual Conference), Sheffield, UK, April 23, 2014.
- Alan Carbery. "Online inquiry-based information literacy instruction: designing and delivering a blended IL programme." LILAC (Librarians Information Literacy Annual Conference), Sheffield, UK, April 23, 2014.
- Andy Burkhardt, Alan Carbery. "Exploring information landscapes and bubbles: facilitating students' discovery of their information selves." In Only Connect ... Discovery pathways, library explorations, and the information adventure, edited by Andrew Walsh and Emma Coonan. Huddersfield: Innovative Libraries, 2013.
- Janet Cottrell. "Reimagining a philosophy of excellence: New habits of mind." Invited panelist, ALA Annual Conference, Chicago, June 29, 2013.
- Sean Leahy. "Digitizing the Gilded Age: Building a Digital Collection at the Frick Art Reference Library and Brooklyn Museum Libraries and Archives." ARLIS (Art Libraries Society of North America), Pasadena, CA, April 27, 2013.
- Brian Mathews (Virginia Tech), Lauren Pressley (Virginia Tech), and Andy Burkhardt. "Hacking the Learner Experience." ACRL National Conference, Indianapolis, IN, April, 11 2013.
- Alan Carbery. "Arming the teacher librarian: using experiential learning and reflective practice to guide pedagogy". Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference, LILAC 2013, Manchester, England, March 25-27th, 2013.
- Janet Cottrell. "Excellence at Champlain: Groundhog Day in the Kuhlthau Model." In Managing Small College Libraries: Strategies, practices, and reflections of ACRL-award winning libraries, edited by Jacob Hill and Susan Swords Steffan. Oxford: Chandos Publishing, 2013.
- Andy Burkhardt, Michele Melia. "Information On The Bubble: A Recipe For Examining Your Information Diet." LOEX Conference, Columbus, OH, May 4, 2012.
- Janet Cottrell and Michelle Miller [Associate Provost], "Theory into Practice: Translating research into program development and improvement." (Symposium.) Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference, LILAC 2012,Glasgow, Scotland, April 11-13, 2012.
- Janet Cottrell and Sarah Cohen, "'Real Deal' Information Literacy: Designing and implementing meaningful instruction and assessment." Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference, LILAC 2012, Glasgow, Scotland, April 11-13, 2012.
- Sarah Faye Cohen, "The missing link: librarians and the teaching identity." Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference, LILAC 2012, Glasgow, Scotland, April 11-13, 2012.
- Andy Burkhardt, Phoning It In: Increasing Student Engagement Using Mobile Phone Polling. Library Technology Conference, St. Paul, MN, March 14, 2012.
- Janet R Cottrell. 2011. "What are we doing here, anyway? Tying academic library goals to institutional mission." College & Research Libraries News 72.9 (Oct., 2011): 516-520.
- Andy Burkhardt, Catherine R. Johnson, and Carissa Tomlinson. "In the spirit of Benjamin Franklin: 13 virtues of the next-gen librarian." College & Research Libraries News 72.8 (Sept., 2011): 450-467.
- Sarah Cohen, Andy Burkhardt, "Fun, Thoughtful Technology in the Classroom." VLA College & Special Libraries Section Conference, Castleton, VT, June 14, 2011.
- Andy Burkhardt, Sarah Cohen, "The Librarian Says 'Turn Your Cell Phones ON!'" NELIG Annual Conference, Lowell, MA, June 3, 2011.
- Janet Cottrell, Christopher Barth (Luther College), Workshop "Bringing the Revolution Home: Recruiting and Retaining the Next-Gen Librarian." ACRL National Conference, Philadelphia, PA, March 2011.
- Andy Burkhardt, Catherine Johnson (University of Baltimore), Carissa Tomlinson (Towson University), Panel, "In the Spirit of Benjamin Franklin: 13 Virtues of the Next-Gen Librarian." ACRL National Conference, Philadelphia, PA, March 2011.
- Andy Burkhardt, "Flypaper For Questions: Using Twitter to Find Questions and Reach Non-Users." Dartmouth October Conference, "Tools to Support Teaching and Outreach: A Mix of the New and the Tried-and-True." Hanover, NH, October 15, 2010.
- Betsy Beaulieu (Core Division), Janet Cottrell (Library), and Michelle Miller (Academic Affairs), co-presenters. "We're teaching but are they learning? Framing a campus conversation." Association for General and Liberal Studies National Conference, Austin, TX, Oct. 6-9, 2010.
- AGLS 2010 Exemplary Program Award. Presented to Champlain College on October 8, 2010 by the Association for General and Liberal Studies in recognition of our curriculum-embedded information literacy assessment program.
- Andy Burkhardt, Lyrasis Next Gen Librarian Award Winner 2010.
- Janet Cottrell, Michelle Miller, Craig Pepin, and Ellen Zeman, co-presenters, "ePortation: Moving minds, data, and institutions." Chalk & Wire annual conference, "Taking your assessment beyond the portfolio." Durham, NC, June 23-25, 2010.
- Andy Burkhardt and Sarah Faye Cohen. "Even an Ocean Away: Developing Skype-based Reference for Students Studying Abroad." Reference Services Review 38.2 (2010): 264 - 273.
- Andy Burkhardt. "Social media: A guide for college and university libraries." College & Research Libraries News 71.1 (Jan., 2010): 10 - 24.
- Sarah Faye Cohen, Janet R. Cottrell, and Michelle G. Miller, Co-presenters. "Building brick by brick: A pragmatic approach to measuring impact." Librarians' Information Literacy Annual Conference, LILAC 2010. Limerick, Ireland, March 29-31, 2010.
- Jennifer Vincent and Sarah Faye Cohen, co-presenters. "ePortfolios: Good for the student, good for the Institution." Pre-Meeting Symposium, "The Search for VALUE: Innovation, Economic Uncertainty, and E-Portfolio Assessment." American Association of Colleges & Universities, Washington D.C., January 2010.
- Sarah Faye Cohen, ACRL Member of the Week.
- Paula Olsen, Panelist. "Reference Round Table: how reference has changed in college and university libraries, and a look at online tools for tracking reference statistics." Kreitzberg Library at Norwich University. August 7, 2009.
- Andy Burkhardt, Presenter. "Business or Pleasure: Social Networking for Professional Purposes." Wils Hours Webinar, Madison, WI. August 4, 2009.
- Michele Melia and Paula Olsen, Presenters: "New Tricks (old dog?): The Information Literacy Program @ Champlain College," NELIG, Portland, ME, June 2009.
- Sarah Cohen, Janet Cottrell, and Cinse Bonino, Co-Presenters. "Embedding Information Literacy: An Exercise in Inquiry." Librarian's Information Literacy Annual Conference (LILAC), University of Cardiff, Wales, March 29-April 1, 2009. Winner of the Centre for Inquiry-based Learning in the Arts and Social Sciences award for an outstanding contribution to the Inquiry-based Learning and Information Literacy strand at LILAC 2009.
- Andy Burkhardt, Poster Presentation, "Technology Leaders on Campus." ACRL National Conference, Seattle, WA, March 2009.
- Sarah Cohen, Timothy Miner, and Lauren Nishikawa, Contributed Paper, "Percolating the Power of Play: Information Literacy and Gaming Level Up." ACRL National Conference, Seattle, WA, March 2009.
- Paula Olsen, Interviewee/Contributor, "Customer Success Case Study" Ebsco Information Services, 2009.
- Janet Cottrell, Presenter, "Something from Nothing: Bringing New Life to the Library Without New Construction." The Dartmouth Biomedical Libraries October Conference, Small-Scale Library Redesign Projects. Hanover, NH, October 4, 2008.
- Sarah Cohen, Presenter, "Information Overload: Helping Students Effectively Deal with Information Overload." Association of General and Liberal Studies Annual Conference, September 2008.
- Cohen, Sarah Faye. "Taking 2.0 to the Faculty: Why, who, and how." College & Research Libraries News 69.8 (Sept., 2008): 472 - 475.
- Cohen, Sarah F. and Cottrell, Janet R. 2008. "Champlain College: Miller Information Commons," in Transforming Library Service Through Information Commons: Case Studies for the Digital Age, edited by D. Russell Bailey and Barbara Gunter Tierney. Chicago: American Library Association. (pp. 111-115)
- Michele Melia, Co-Presenter with Kat Berry, Bennington College and Larraby Fellows, NE Regional Librarian at CCV. "Library Space - The Evolving Nature of Vermont's Academic Library Webspaces." 14th Vermont Library Conference, May 13 and 14, 2008.
- Janet Cottrell, Co-presenter with Associate Provost Michelle Miller, "Using e-Portfolios to Support Embedded Assessment of Information Literacy." Making Connections: ePortfolios, Integrative Learning, and Assessment. LaGuardia Community College/CUNY, April 10-12, 2008.
- Sarah Cohen, Presenter, "Web 2.0: Taking it to the Faculty" Computers in Libraries, Washington, D.C., April 2008.
- Tammy Miller, Presenter, "Practices and Pitfalls of Training Student Workers." Vermont Library Association Conference, Burlington, VT, May 2007.
- Sarah Cohen, Poster Presentation, "Take the Joystick: E-Gaming for the Library." ACRL Conference, April 2007.
- Sarah Cohen, Roundtable Discussion speaker, "Finding Your Career Sea Legs - A Roundtable Discussion on common early career issues, approaches to them, and possible solutions." ACRL Conference, April 2007.
- Sarah Cohen, Roundtable Discussion speaker, "Cultural collaborations put academic libraries in the campus spotlight." ACRL Conference, April 2007
- Marie Kascus, Presenter, "Assessment by User Survey." College & Special Libraries section of Vermont Library Association, Conference on "The Many Faces of Assessment: User Surveys, Collections and Information Literacy," Barre VT April 7, 2006.
- Paula Olsen, Initiator and Co-host, statewide Reference Roundtable. Montpelier, VT, December, 6, 2005.
- Sarah Cohen, Panel Speaker, "Scoping at a Small College? One School Sorts it Out." ALTCS Catalog Form and Function Interest Group, ALA Annual Conference, Chicago, June 2005.
- Kascus, Marie A., "Fundraising for Smaller Academic Libraries: Strategies for Success." College & Undergraduate Libraries 10.1 (July, 2003): 1-20.
- Janet Cottrell, Panel Moderator, "Partnering with Provosts," Vermont Library Association Annual Conference, Burlington, VT, May, 2004.
- Paula Olsen, President; Radka Ballada, Vice-President, Vermont Library Association College & Special Libraries section Conference, "Image of the Librarian. "Featured presenter: Ann Seidl, writer & director of "The Hollywood Librarian" plus a discussion panel including Jessamyn West, author of the early blog librarian.net. Burlington, VT, November, 2002.