Send us a message or call us at 888-545-3459.
Your forensic accounting certificate provides students with a foundation of forensic knowledge and accounting expertise. The courses ensure graduates have a clear understanding of a company's accounting and IT internal controls and how weaknesses in these controls may be fraudulently exploited.
Our forensic accounting certificate will:
- Teach you the relationship between technology and information in the accounting profession.
- Show you how to find and gather digital information for criminal investigation.
- Provide you with a firm knowledge of criminal law and its application to cybercrime in the accounting arena.
- Explain accounting and IT internal controls, and how weaknesses in these controls may be fraudulently exploited.
- Be taken alongside our Computer Forensics students, providing an opportunity to integrate both disciplines.
Note: Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call a CPS Counselor at 888-545-3459 for more information.
|ACCT 280||Forensic Accounting||3|
|ACCT 350||Accounting Information Systems||3|
|CFDI 240||Digital Forensic Investigation Techniques||3|
|CFDI 350||White Collar Crime||3|
|CRIM 225||Law of Searching & Seizing Digital Evidence||3|
Gainful Employment Information
The U.S. government's Gainful Employment Program regulations provide students with the information they need to make informed educational choices including total program costs, loan repayment rates, and career outlooks. As part of the recent regulations on information disclosure for Gainful Employment (GE, 2011), eligible institutions must make available a standard group of information for all programs defined by the GE regulation. For Champlain College, a private, not-for-profit post-secondary institution, all certificate programs fall under the GE definition.
To see the gainful employment information for this certificate, click here.