Work-Life Experience

At Champlain College we respect that learning also occurs outside of the classroom through work and life experiences, and that sometimes this learning can be applied toward degree programs.

Transfer Credit

As an adult you probably have some life experience that can be applied toward your Champlain degree. Work with our completion consultant to determine if this is the best option for you. Typically, if you have been involved in training that resulted in credentialing or a certificate of some sort we can work with you to see if there is a college credit equivalency. If so, student will be awarded college credit for a specific course(s) and that course will be noted as a transfer credit on the student's transcript.

No grades will be assigned for these training experiences and the courses will come in as transfer credit. The maximum number of credits that can be transferred into the institution is 90. To learn more speak to a member of our admissions team.

Waivers or substitutions

We welcome requests for waivers and substitutions in cases where students have equivalent professional experience or lifelong learning. All waivers and substitutions must be authorized by the appropriate program director or the dean. All waivers/substitutions result in the course requirement being met, but credit is not awarded and another course must be taken in its place.