Send us a message or call us at 888-545-3459.
Champlain College uses Canvas as its LMS (Learning Management System). Its hosting infrastructure is designed for maximum compatibility and minimal requirements. (Note: Software Development and Engineering courses may have additional technical requirements.)
- A minimum of 1024x600. That is the average size of a netbook. You probably won't want to view Canvas on a smaller screen than that.
- Windows XP SP3 and newer
- Mac OSX 10.6 and newer
- Linux - chromeOS
Mobile OS Native App Support
- iOS 5 and newer
- Android 2.3 and newer
Computer Speed and Processor
- Use a computer 5 years old or newer when possible
- 1GB of RAM
- 2GHz processor
- Along with compatibility and web standards, Canvas has been carefully crafted to accommodate low bandwidth environments.
- Minimum of 512kbps
- Latest version of JAWS for Internet Explorer 9 & 10 and Firefox
- Latest version of VoiceOver for Safari
- There is no screen reader support for Chrome
Because of the large software programs that are installed and used in many courses for Software Development and Software Engineering, it is recommended that students enrolling in these courses have a computer system with these minimum specifications:
- Computer that has a 1.6 GHz or faster processor
- Windows XP with Service Pack 3 or higher
- 2 GB of RAM
- 150 GB hard disk
- DirectX 9 capable video card running 1024 x 768 or higher resolution display
- DVD-ROM Drive
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org if you have questions about these specifications.