To speak to a Champlain College representative, call 888-545-3459.
ADVANCED ACCOUNTING CERTIFICATE
Earn your advanced accounting certificate online at Champlain College and enter this career field with a credential employers will respect. This certificate program is designed for adults interested in obtaining entry-level positions in accounting, or who are looking to increase their basic accounting knowledge for use in an existing position. Recognized by US News and World Report as "One of America's Top Up-and-Coming Schools"
Our accounting certificate will:
- Build on the accounting foundation you gained from your introductory accounting courses such as those in the accounting certificate, also offered by Champlain College
- Extend the depth and breadth of your understanding of a company's public financial information
- Expand your ability to gather and organize relevant information to help managers make decisions.
- Explore the federal income tax forms and laws related to business returns and filings with the IRS.
- If you choose to pursue the CPA designation, the Accounting and Advanced Accounting certificates will provide you a strong preparation for the accounting portions of that exam.
Note: Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call a CPS Counselor at 888-545-3459 for more information.
|ACCT 340||Cost Accounting I||3|
|ACCT 341||Cost Accounting II||3|
|ACCT 350||Accounting Information Systems||3|
|ACCT 400||Advanced Accounting||3|
|ACCT 410||Federal Taxes II||3|
Gainful Employment Information
The U.S. government's Gainful Employment Program regulations provide students with the information they need to make informed educational choices including total program costs, loan repayment rates, and career outlooks. As part of the recent regulations on information disclosure for Gainful Employment (GE, 2011), eligible institutions must make available a standard group of information for all programs defined by the GE regulation. For Champlain College, a private, not-for-profit post-secondary institution, all certificate programs fall under the GE definition.
To see the gainful employment information for this certificate, click here.