WEB DESIGN CERTIFICATE
Learn the skills to design visual aspects of a website that incorporate aesthetic appeal and psychological effect that directs users to information they are seeking and motivates them to take action. Students will learn the connection between web technologies and the presentation of information on a web page to deliver media and interactive content that meets the needs of users.
- Practice a balanced perspective of web analysis and design, giving attention to both technology and aesthetic considerations.
- Apply a site analysis process to include a feasibility study followed by a detailed needs analysis, and culminating in site design proposals.
- Select appropriate interactive technologies to engage users, effectively communicate messages, and meet web standards.
- Use popular image-editing software to design commonly used web images and learn how to adjust images for web effects.
- Apply intuitive navigation structures and interactive elements to design effective, accessible and usable websites.
Note: Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call an admissions representative at 888-545-3459 for more information.
|WEBD 110||Designing Digital Images for the Web||3|
|WEBD 210||Writing for the Web||3|
|WEBD 215||Website Design||3|
|WEBD 240||Animation and Interactivity I||3|
|WEB 370||Web Usability and Design||3|
|Plus 1 of the following electives:|
|WEBD 340||Animation and Interactivity II||3|
|WEBD 120||Introduction to Virtual Worlds||3|
|WEBD 320||Streaming Media Technology||3|