The faculty of the Robert P. Stiller School of Business at Champlain College spends a lot of time working with employers and internship sites to determine the exact skills, knowledge and characteristics they are seeking in job candidates. The Business Administration program gives you the skills employers value most highly.
By the time you complete the academic and internship requirements for your Business Administration BSBA degree, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge and skills in the disciplines that make up the field of business including accounting, economics, finance, human resource management, business law, management, management information systems / technology, and marketing.
- Facilitate with information technologies that support business process and communication.
- Demonstrate an ability to reason critically, gather and weigh evidence, and bring creative, innovative approaches to decision making and implementation.
- Show a comprehensive business perspective including local and global economies - an awareness of the unique issues involved in a global business environment.
- Develop management and leadership - including the ability to work with others in a team environment.
- Demonstrate an understanding of sustainable business practices and corporate social responsibility (csr).
- Show professional readiness - ability to secure, adapt to and perform work effectively.
- Demonstrate self-managed learning.
- Apply strong communication skills.
- Utilize quantitative reasoning and skills to facilitate decision making.