The Champlain College Criminal Justice program will immerse you in the field's full range of possibilities, from high-profile tasks like following the trail of crime scene evidence and conducting interviews to day-to-day police work and court and corrections procedures.
Champlain's Criminal Justice Bachelor of Science program answers the growing market demand for expertise in:
- proper legal procedures
- police operations
- conducting investigative interviews
- lab-based forensics on blood and DNA samples
- investigating incidents of family violence
- social services and support
Mix Classroom Theory with Actual Experience
- Thanks to the Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking Criminal Law, Criminal Procedure, and Criminal Investigation as well as at least two other courses from the Criminal Justice Curriculum in your first year.
- Your instructors will be working professionals with insider perspectives-including criminal trial judges, prosecutors, defense lawyers and Homeland Security officers. Our field-tested Criminal Justice faculty will teach you the technical and professional expertise you need stand out in the field.
- Build deep and relevant experience for your resume through our extensive Criminal Justice internship opportunities.
- Tailor your degree program with a specialization in 21st Century Problems, Computer Forensics or Spanish Language.
- Spend a semester studying at one of our campuses in either Dublin or Montreal, or anyplace in the world through our study-abroad partnership programs. Study abroad is built right into the program!
- This major will teach you the fundamental principles needed in Criminal Justice professions from the criminal process to the essential elements of substantive criminal law. Learn the other skills you will master in the Criminal Justice Major.
- Explore a variety of career options, including police officer, parole officer, security officer, criminal investigator, border patrol agent, court officer and corrections officer. Building on this foundation, you'll gain the necessary experience to advance to elite federal agencies like the FBI, DEA and Secret Service, or advance to upper-level positions in criminal justice administration. This major is also an excellent foundation for law school. Envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.