Every semester, Champlain's Early Childhood/Elementary Teacher Education major puts our students on the cutting-edge of teaching practice. As our students are learning teaching techniques in the college classroom, they immediately get to apply them in local classrooms of the age groups for which they are being trained to teach.
Each semester, Champlain College Education majors have the opportunity to be interacting with students in classroom settings, and their resumes become very distinctive because they are actually involved with current education initiatives at the local schools. All Champlain College teacher education programs are approved by the State of Vermont Department of Education.
- Learn teaching techniques and immediately apply them in local preschools and elementary classrooms.
- Develop lesson plans and implement learning projects in a local school or agency
- Spend no less than 30 hours engaged in fieldwork in your first year
- Use state-of-the-art technology in the classroom.
- Create an optional electronic portfolio
- Spend an entire semester student teaching
- Choose from two different options to customize a dual endorsement for teaching
- Get recommended for Vermont licensure, recognized in 47 other states
Mix Classroom Theory with Actual Teaching Experience
- Thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking Child Psychology, Children's Literature and Expressive Arts, and Foundations of Learning & Practicum as well as at least two other courses from the Early Childhood and Elementary Education curriculum in your first year at Champlain.
- Our Early Childhood/Elementary Teacher Education faculty will guide you towards the skills and confidence required to lead your own classroom.
- Spend time every semester helping out in real classrooms through field experiences, and Student Teaching.
- Study Abroad is built right into the program so you can spend a semester studying at our campus in Dublin, or another exciting destination.
- In this major, you will learn to develop lesson plans and implement learning projects. Learn the other skills you will master in the Early Childhood/Elementary Teacher Education major.
- Through the two paths that the Early Childhood/Elementary Teacher Education major sends you down, involving lots of field experience, you'll figure out exactly where you want to be; envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.