Create a Highly Marketable Environmental Policy Resume
The Environmental Policy major is focused on the action-oriented practicalities of what you can do to influence the policies and laws surrounding environmental issues. It will provide you with a great depth in the specific skills that will give you the most flexibility in a global industry.
BusinessInsider.com ranks Burlington, Vermont, as one of the "15 Hottest American Cities of the Future." Of Burlington, the write-up says, "This environmentally-friendly city has turned its focus on sustainability into a form of economic self-reliance-a model which will become increasingly more important in the years ahead."
Recent Internship Locations for Environmental Policy Majors
- A construction company building a wind farm
- Organic Farms
- Local food cooperatives
- Conservation advocacy groups
- Colleges and Universities
- Local non-profits
- Government agencies
- Public utilities
How We Prepare You to Land Internships
Great internships don't just happen. You need to have developed some valuable skills, you need a good resume, you need expert guidance, and you need an "in." At Champlain, we make sure you well prepared in all four areas.
- The Upside-Down Curriculum allows you to get extensive classroom learning and hands-on experience with industry professionals in your major in your first year, which gives you the real world skills and qualifications to begin taking internships as early as the summer after the first year.
- The Office of Career Services and the Life Experience Action Dimension (LEAD) program will help you develop your professional resume and teach you interview skills.
- Your professors will become your reliable mentors, pointing out the strategic academic and co-curricular activities they will help you build your professional skill-set and enhance your resume.
- Local and national employers turn to Champlain for college interns because they are universally better prepared to work in professional environments than the majority of their peers from other institutions. Many Champlain Graduates receive full and part-time job offers from the organizations where they first took their internships.
Read more about Champlain graduates' Career Success.