Create a Highly Marketable Filmmaking Resume
The Filmmaking major is market ready. It will provide you with a great depth in the specific skills that will give you the most flexibility in a changeable industry.
Because you'll follow an in-depth curriculum in the Filmmaking major starting in your first semester, you'll be qualified sooner for internships. Our Filmmaking majors are highly sought-after for internships because they have been so well prepared in the class room to actually go out and do the work.
Recent Internship Locations for Filmmaking Majors
- STEPT Productions
- Rome Snowboards
- Windells Snowboard Camp
- Northern Borders
- Vermont International Film Festival
How We Prepare You to Land Internships
Great internships don't just happen. You need to have developed some valuable skills, you need a good resume, you need expert guidance, and you need an "in." At Champlain, we make sure you well prepared in all four areas.
- The Upside-Down Curriculum allows you to get extensive classroom learning and hands-on experience with industry professionals in your major in your first year, which gives you the real world skills and qualifications to begin taking internships as early as the summer after freshman year.
- The Office of Career Services and the Life Experience Action Dimension (LEAD) program will help you develop your professional resume and teach you interview skills.
- Your professors will become your reliable mentors, pointing out the strategic academic and co-curricular activities they will help you build your professional skill-set and enhance your resume.
- Local and national employers turn to Champlain for college interns because they are universally better prepared to work in professional environments than the majority of their peers from other institutions. Many Champlain Graduates receive full and part-time job offers from the organizations where they first took their internships.
Read more about Champlain graduates' Career Success.