Through collaborations with professionals in the field, other students, internships, classroom teaching and hands-on experience, you'll immerse yourself in Filmmaking techniques and procedures.
This deep set of proficiencies in multiple areas will increase your marketability in a changeable industry. From proper lighting and cinematography techniques to creating your own film for your portfolio, you'll graduate with a distinct set of state-of-the-art skills that an education in traditional filmmaking programs doesn't provide.
Graduates from the program will be able to:
- Analyze the historical and theoretical foundations of filmmaking.
- Create film work that manifests the filmmaker's unique voice.
- Analyze story structure and the screenwriting process for use in the critique and creation of film.
- Apply current best practices in cinematography.
- Apply current best practices in editing language and visual effects.
- Effectively manage the resources and logistics required to produce a film.
- Collaborate as a member or leader of a filmmaking team.
- Evaluate the ethical implications inherent in filmmaking practices.
- Analyze one's own interests and skills in the context of filmmaking industry challenges and opportunities in order to help formulate career goals.
- Analyze the relationship between film and other art forms and intellectual disciplines.