Champlain's Filmmaking major is an intensive, hands on BFA program. In your first year, you'll get an overview of the various aspects of the filmmaker's craft.
After that, you'll dive more deeply into each of those areas: screenwriting, cinematography, editing, sound, film history, film theory and the business of film.
All of this will culminate in the creation of your Senior Film and portfolio or reel.
Mix Classroom Theory with Hands-On Production Experience
- Thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum,you'll be taking Visual & Digital Fundamentals, and Introduction to Filmmaking, as well as three other courses relevant to your profession in the Filmmaking curriculum in your first year at Champlain.
- Your instructors will be working professionals who have produced and directed films across the country. Our Filmmaking faculty will teach you the technical and creative expertise you need stand out in this highly competitive field.
- Build a stand-out professional reel and portfolio by the end of your senior year. Additionally, create a highly marketable resume by pursuing Filmmaking internship opportunities.
- Tailor your degree program with an optional specialization in Sonic Arts or choose Filmmaking electives such as Advanced Screenwriting; Advanced Cinematography; Documentary Filmmaking or Experimental Filmmaking that align with your interests and career goals.
- Learn to express your unique voice as a filmmaker and to manage the resources required for independent film production. Read about the other skills you will master in the Filmmaking BFA.
- You are part of the generation that changed how (and where!) we view films; now, become part in determining its future. Envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.