Champlain's Filmmaking program exposes its students to various genres of film and everything that goes in to film production. You'll learn how to create a film from scratch and during your senior year you'll be creating a film for your senior capstone. A BS in Filmmaking will provide you with the essential how-to skills needed, such as:
- Writing scripts
- The best and current trends of cinematography
- The ability to use current editing software
- How to apply special effects
- How to work with a production team
Mix Classroom Theory with Actual Production Experience
- Thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum,you'll be taking Visual & Digital Fundamentals, and Introduction to Filmmaking, as well as three other courses relevant to your profession in the Filmmaking curriculum in your first year at Champlain.
- Your instructors will be working professionals who have produced and directed films across the country. Our field-tested Filmmaking faculty will teach you the technical and creative expertise you need stand outin this highly competitive field.
- Build a highly marketable resume and portfolio through our extensive Filmmaking opportunities.
- Tailor your degree program with a specialization in Sonic Arts which will allow you to various design aspects into your program.
- This major will teach you the fundamental principles needed in the Filmmaking profession from audio production and video composting. Learn the other skills you will master in the Filmmaking major.
- You are part of the generation that changed how (and where!) we view films; now, become part in determining its future. Envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.