An Optional Specialization for International Business Majors
The Leadership specialization will provide a thorough introduction to effective and ethical leadership in increasingly culturally diverse organizations and industries. As future managers and leaders, you'll face constant challenges and opportunities in developing your ideas, your organizations, and your employees.
- You'll gain both theoretical and practical knowledge about different models of organizational behavior and leadership, and learn culturally specific communication strategies.
- You'll also acquire a solid appreciation of best practices in human resource management and develop an analytical framework for identifying business problems and opportunities.
- Investigate both effective and ineffective leaders and their respective actions throughout time.
- Management theory and practices, as well as fundamental functions of planning, organization, leading and controlling are covered
- Emphasizes the use of creative problem solving, innovation and divergent/convergent thinking techniques throughout all phases of problem analysis.
COURSES IN THIS SPECIALIZATION MAY INCLUDE:
Choose two out of the remaining three