Every semester, Champlain's Middle School Teacher Education major puts our students on the cutting-edge of teaching practice. As our students are learning teaching techniques in the college classroom, they immediately get to apply them in local classrooms of the age groups for which they are being trained to teach.
Every semester, all Champlain College Education majors have the opportunity to be interacting with students in classroom settings, and their resumes become very distinctive because they are actually involved with current education initiatives at the local schools. All Champlain College teacher education programs are approved by the State of Vermont Department of Education.
- Learn teaching techniques and immediately apply them in local middle school classrooms.
- Develop lesson plans and implement a learning project in a local school or agency
- Spend no less than 30 hours engaged in fieldwork in your first year
- Use state-of-the-art technology in the classroom.
- Create an electronic portfolio
- Spend an entire semester student teaching
- Get recommended for dual licensure in the state of Vermont, recognized in 47 states, which includes two concentrations: Middle School English/language Arts and Middle School Social Studies.
Mix Classroom Theory with Actual Teaching Experience
- Thanks to the Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking American History, Adolescent Psychology, and Learning Theory as well as at least two other courses from the Middle School Education major curriculum courses in your first year at Champlain.
- Our Middle School Education faculty will guide you towards the skills and confidence required to lead your own classroom.
- Spend time every semester helping out in real classrooms through field experience, and Student Teaching.
- Study Abroad is built right into the program so you can spend a semester studying at our campus in Montreal, or another exciting destination.
- This major will teach you strategies for integrating technology into the classroom and for designing curriculum. Learn the other skills you will master in the Middle School Teacher Education major.
- As a Middle School Education major, you are training to become a part of the next generation of Middle School faculty; envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.