An Optional Specialization for Professional Writing Majors
Media companies are increasingly relying on writers who have multiple sets of skills, including knowledge of design, film and other new media forms. The Screenwriting specialization allows students in the Professional Writing major to dive deeply into the techniques, practices and specific knowledge base of screenwriting professionals.
- Learn how to critique and discuss screenplays and films
- Improve your writing skills through workshopping with your peers
- Explore aspects of story ideas in film, character development, conflict, dialogue, dramatic structure and script formatting
- Experiment with a range of thematic approaches to creating and revising your work
- Learn how to transform your script to film with audio, video, scriptwriting and digital-editing techniques
COURSES IN THIS SPECIALIZATION CURRENTLY INCLUDE: