Through the hands-on nature of the Public Relations major at Champlain, you'll work on extensive client-based, semester-long projects. You'll learn how to develop a whole PR campaign for a single client, and then you'll implement it at Champlain, home of Vermont's only chapter of the Public Relations Student Society of America (PRSSA). A BS in Public Relations will provide you with the essential how-to skills needed, such as:
- writing press releases, brochures and newsletter
- contacting the press
- arranging interviews
- setting up Facebook and other social media pages
- hosting events
- And more
Master the Art of Communication
- Thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking Mass Media and Society and Building a Business in a Global Environment, as well as at least two other courses from the Public Relations curriculum in your first year at Champlain.
- Our field-tested Public Relations faculty will teach you the technical and creative expertise you need to stand out in this highly competitive field.
- Build a highly marketable resume and portfolio through our extensive Public Relations internship opportunities at places like Seventh Generation and Lake Champlain Chocolates.
- Gain a global perspective by taking a semester abroad is built right into the program so you can spend a semester studying at one of our campuses in Montreal, Dublin, or anywhere in the world through our study-abroad partners.
- This major will teach you to design and implement hands-on, field based streaming media projects. Learn the other skills you will master in the Public Relations major.
- You are part of the generation that changed how (and where!) we view media, now become part in determining its future; envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.