Through collaborations with other students, internships, classroom teaching and hands-on experience, you'll immerse yourself in digital media techniques and electronic media writing, as well as marketing, advertising and campaign development.
This deep set of proficiencies in multiple areas will increase your marketability in a changeable industry. From streaming content for media web sites, to event planning, you'll graduate with a distinct set of state-of-the-art skills that an education in traditional public relations programs doesn't provide.
By the time you complete the academic and internship requirements for your Public Relations degree, you will be able to:
- Demonstrate knowledge of the historical and theoretical contexts important to Public Relations practices.
- Analyze the structure, content and consequences of both traditional Public Relations and emerging digital media usage in Public Relations.
- Analyze, evaluate and critique Public Relations practices both mediated and non-mediated.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the complex relationships between the client, the key publics and stakeholders.
- Apply ethical values that guide Public Relations practices and professional standards.
- Articulate their own ideas and express them effectively, with clarity, appropriateness and interest.
- Use with expertise the Research, Planning, Implementation, and Evaluation strategy found in Public Relations campaigns
- Demonstrate a working knowledge of a variety of Public Relations tactics (written materials, social media, audio, video, web-based).
- Identify and anticipate societal trends in Public Relations.
- Conduct communication and Public Relations research.
- Apply legal concepts specific to Public Relations issues to situations potentially arising in their professional practices.
- Demonstrate sensitivity to multicultural values and global perspectives in Public Relations practice.
- Identify various audience segments, and show evidence of being able to adapt to those audiences.
- Design and implement hands-on, field based campaigns and projects in partnership with community clients from both for-profit and non-profit organizations.