A Focused Area of Study for Broadcast & Streaming Media Majors
Publishing is in desperate need of new ideas and new media skills. If you choose to enhance your Broadcast & Streaming Media degree with a specialization in Publishing, you can further enhance your learning and skill sets, and build a portfolio that can jumpstart your career into the publishing industry.
The Publishing specialization is set up around the WRT 346: Publishing in the 21st Century course, a project-based class that offers real-world experience in working with clients on publishing projects that may include traditional books, ebooks and website, and may involve editing, design, illustration, marketing, social media and event planning.
- Gain a hands-on experience working with clients in the community on publishing projects
- Learn professionalism by managing time, materials and information, as it reveals motivation, attitude and work ethic
- Gain an understanding of the book production process, its sequence and schedules
- Learn how to conceive a publishing strategy that incorporates appropriate current technologies
- Learn how to select and use video and audio technology and field production equipment to produce deliverables that meet client/project demands and industry standards
- Gain knowledge in sophisticated deliverables for clients in a variety of areas, namely: corporate/ industrial, informational/educational and commercial/promotional
- Be able to plan for implementation of a project from idea to completion from both the technical and practical perspectives
Courses in this Specialization Currently Include:
Choose one of the following courses outside of your area of study: