In our globally connected environment, communication has become paramount to every single person in the workforce. Highly skilled, well-rounded and experienced communication professionals are more sought after and have more career opportunities than ever before.
The Bachelor of Science in Communication program distinguishes itself from traditional Communication programs in higher education by its broad approach and flexibility. At Champlain, you'll get a practical education that trains you to apply the best methodology and tools to communicate in any context.
Through a unique curriculum design, you combine mass communication, digital communication, media production and human communication to inform, educate, persuade and sell to each target audience you hope to influence. As a communication major, you start with a strong grounding in areas such as:
- Audio & Video Production
- Human Communication
- Public Speaking
- Visual Communication
- Media Writing
Then, working closely with a faculty advisor, you'll have the opportunity to specialize or focus in:
- Public Relations
- Applied Communication
- Social Media
- Sonic Arts
Mix Classroom Theory with Actual Experience
- Thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking Media & Society, Human Communication and Visual & Digital Fundamentals as well as at least two other courses from the Communication curriculum in your first year at Champlain.
- Our Communication faculty, many of whom work professionally in the communication field, will teach you the technical and creative expertise you need to stand out in the highly competitive media landscape.
- As a Communication major, you will have an opportunity to complete multiple internships for credit.
- Tailor your degree program with an optional specialization in Sonic Arts, Journalism, Publishing, or with one of the minors at the college.
- Study Abroad is built right into the program so you can spend a semester studying at our academic campuses in Dublin or Montreal, or you could choose to study abroad at another exciting destination through our third-party partnerships.
- This major will teach you contemporary media skills and cutting-edge communication tactics. Learn the skills you will master in the Communication major.
- Alumni have gone on to work professionally across the country. Envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.