Focused Areas of Study For Creative Media Majors
The core of your Creative Media curriculum will consist of courses in one primary area of focus and two secondary areas. These "specializations" reflect focused creative disciplines in which artists can find a professional application for their expressions.
To see how these specializations match up in the entire four-year curriculum landscape, see the Creative Media major curriculum.
Specializations in the Creative Media Major
- The Creative Writing specialization will allow you to pursue your own artistic vision and find your unique voice by studying the craft and discipline of writing.
- The specialization in Game Media will allow you to explore the process of creating visual elements and assets for game media.
- The Interaction Design specialization will introduce you to the sensory side of interfaces—sounds, images, how pages move—with a focus on interactivity as a design element.
- The Moving Image specialization will allow you to explore the power of the moving image in conjunction with other media as an artistic expression.
- The specialization in Visual Art & Design provides you with the opportunity to explore new directions in visual art from faculty members who are artists themselves.
- The Sonic Arts specialization will introduce you to the world of sound, composition and recording, allowing you to create and construct original film, game and streaming media scores.