Champlain's BFA program in Filmmaking prepares our students to succeed in their field of choice within the filmmaking industry. Through conceptual engagement, technical skills, artistic experimentation and business training, you'll develop a signature style and be prepared for a variety of creative opportunities post-graduation.
Graduates from the Filmmaking (BFA) program will be able to:
- Analyze the historical and theoretical foundations of filmmaking.
- Create film work that manifests the filmmaker's unique voice.
- Analyze story structure and the screenwriting process for use in the critique and creation of film.
- Apply current best practices in cinematography.
- Apply current best practices in editing language and visual effects.
- Effectively manage the resources and logistics required to produce a film.
- Collaborate as a member or leader of a filmmaking team.
- Evaluate the ethical implications inherent in filmmaking practices.
- Analyze one's own interests and skills in the context of filmmaking industry challenges and opportunities in order to help formulate career goals.
- Analyze the relationship between film and other art forms and intellectual disciplines.