Imagine working in venture capital, driving and supporting innovation in every field imaginable, or enjoying a career in wealth management helping clients build amazing portfolios and lives.
Whether your passion is for investment banking or securities on Wall Street, corporate finance on Main Street or the diverse opportunities the global economy offers, careers in finance are among the fastest-growing and best-paying positions in the business world.
Champlain's Finance degree will prepare you to excel in this field of unlimited potential. The program merges classic management skills with a strong financial skill set, rooted in a hands-on, work-based approach. Our leading-edge curriculum will position you for immediate employment in high-demand careers.
The Bachelor of Science degree in Finance is designed for motivated students seeking a degree that combines traditional and experiential course work in finance along with exposure to the best practices in management.
The Robert P. Stiller School of Business not only prepares you exceptionally well but also gives you a four-year, cross-business education that answers the marketplace demand for business school graduates with demonstrable knowledge, skills and hands-on experience in all the disciplines that make up the field of business including:
- Information Systems and Technologies
Integrate Classroom Theory with Actual Business Experience
- The educational approach and curriculum offered by the Robert P. Stiller School of Business provides a practical, relevant business education prized by managers and employers.
- Our faculty members understand how the business environment works because they have been there. Learn finance from faculty who have academic and professional experience in the fields they teach.
- Students in the Finance major will gain hands-on experience utilizing data sets professionals currently use in the finance industry.
- Become a polished business professional through our year-long Professional Training Program, which is modeled on the corporate management training programs of Fortune 500 companies.
- Gain valuable professional experience through live case studies, client projects and internships.
- Build a highly marketable resume and portfolio by taking advantage of the many Finance internship opportunities.
- Acquire global perspectives by taking a semester abroad via curriculum designed to enable you to study at a Champlain campus in Montreal, Canada or Dublin, Ireland, or elsewhere in the world through our study abroad partners.
- Spend your summer interning in China with The Freeman Foundation grant—open to all Stiller School majors.
- Develop your management and leadership abilities as you hone skill sets and knowledge for you to succeed in the field of finance.
- During your senior year, you can choose to pursue a certificate in Advanced Global Studies — open to all Stiller School majors — through Champlain's agreement with the renowned Thunderbird School of Global Management. Your credits will apply toward both your Champlain degree and a Thunderbird master's program.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to the Finance major.