Career-focused Education for Finance Majors
An Outstanding Career in Finance Begins with an Extraordinary Education
Champlain College has been delivering a distinctly career-focused education since 1878. The College's renowned career-focused education has a number of distinguishing programs and features that contribute to our graduates' extraordinary success in entering the marketplace in their field of interest.
- Every major is market-focused, reflecting the professional fields with the greatest career potential. Our minors give our graduates highly differentiated resumes.
- Through the Upside-Down Curriculum students get prepared to get out into the field and do the job starting in their first semester.
- Our award-winning Career Collaborative has advisors dedicated to each major to assist with landing internships, job search preparation and skills, networking opportunities as well as extensive resources for advancing career options throughout life.
- Our Life Experience & Action Dimension Program (LEAD) gives students the career-management skills and practice they need to launch a successful job search, starting in the first year.
- Extensive on- and off-campus career programming, including job fairs and professional recruiting and networking events gives Champlain students a leading advantage over their peers.
- Senior Capstone classes give Champlain students a semester-long career-launching experience.
- Through Champlain's Centers of Excellence, many students have the opportunity to work in on-campus professional environments that enable them to gain real-world skills in their field, build their resumes and get experience working in productive teams.
- Often, students find on campus jobs that relate specifically to their professional area of interest; for example, Professional Writing and Graphic Design & Digital Media majors found jobs in Champlain's Marketing department, Computer & Digital Forensics and Computer Networking & Cybersecurity majors find jobs in the Leahy Center for Digital Investigation. In fact, in 2015–2016, there were 1,123 on-campus student employment positions.
- Burlington, Vermont is a thriving city with Career Collaborative excellent opportunities for internships and jobs. It has been identified by Kiplinger's Personal Finance Magazine as one of the "Top Ten Best Cities for the new Decade."