An Optional Specialization Sequence for Game Design Majors
As a Game Design major, specializing in Sonic Arts, you'll learn how to implement and maintain an effective sonic landscape that will enrich the interactive experience of the games you create.
- Learn the fundamentals of music and how to create it on the computer using digital tools.
- Hands-on sound production courses will introduce you to audio techniques, covering the basics of writing, producing and engineering productions for audio production.
- Learn how to write, produce and perform a variety of programs including news, interviews, commercials, dramas and documentaries.
- Gain a solid understanding of digital audio recording and editing techniques for persuasion, information and entertainment, as well as the experience you need to be proficient in technical aspects of sound and music production, such as signal flows, mixing, mastering, compression, asset management and online delivery.
- Delve into creating sounds using current industry standard synthesizers by working at digital audio workstations to record and organize synthesized sounds and explore the vast array of electronic effects in Apple Logic.
- Courses toward the end of the specialization sequence will have a specific emphasis on the creative and artistic approaches to sound design.
COURSES IN THIS SPECIALIZATION CURRENTLY INCLUDE:
Choose 3 of the following: