An Optional Specialization for International Business Majors
Through the Logistics specialization you will learn how to import and export supplies and products to/from different global markets, achieve efficiencies of scale in production, glean insight into what your competition is doing and develop an analytical framework for identifying business problems and opportunities.
- Understand how products and services are best developed and distributed in a global economy.
- Learn about the role of economic development authorities in states and the US Small Business Administration, as well as the basics of loans and business loan programs and guarantees.
- Learn how to frame competitive intelligence questions, gather the requisite information from domestic and international data sources.
- Analyze and report on the information for relevant actions by strategic decision makers in the organization.
- Emphasizes the use of creative problem solving, innovation and divergent/convergent thinking techniques throughout all phases of problem analysis.
COURSES IN LOGISTICS MAY INCLUDE: