Champlain College's Legal Studies Bachelor of Science program will give you the foundation of knowledge and skills you need to become an indispensable legal professional. Every job sector in the United States and abroad relies on expert legal professionals as a major component of any successful organization. Our Legal Studies program is one of the finest in the country and was designed to give you a competitive edge in the legal community.
Champlain's Legal Studies major answers the growing market demand for experience in:
- Contract Negotiation & Preparation
- Real Estate, Mortgages, & Foreclosures
- Family Law & Child Custody
- Personal & Property Crime
- Estate Planning
- Statutory & Case Law Research
- Civil & Criminal Litigation Procedures
If becoming an attorney is your ultimate goal, the Legal Studies program will give you experience and education credentials to make you a highly desirable candidate for any law school you want to attend. At Champlain College, your Legal Studies education starts on day one, year one.
Blend Classroom Theory with Practical Experience
- Thanks to the Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking Introduction to Law, Criminal Law, and American National Government, as well as at least two other Legal Studies major courses in your first year.
- Our field-tested Legal Studies faculty will teach you the technical and creative expertise you need stand out in this highly competitive field.
- Build a highly marketable resume and portfolio through our extensive Legal Studies internship opportunities.
- Observe international legal customs: Spend a semester studying at our campus in Montreal, or Dublin,or check out our other study abroad programs. Study abroad is built right into the program!
- This major will teach you to understand and implement hands-on, field based legal projects. Learn the other skills you will master in the Legal Studies major.
- You will graduate prepared to either enter a law firm, or proceed to law school; envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.