The faculty of the Robert P. Stiller School of Business at Champlain College spend a lot of time working with employers and internship sites to determine the exact skills, knowledge and characteristics they are seeking in job candidates. The Management of Creative Media program gives you the skills employers value most highly.
Our graduates will be able to:
- Synthesize concepts from multiple business disciplines to address novel, systems-level business situations.
- Analyze and evaluate evidence and appraise alternative viewpoints.
- Apply business theories and concepts to practical problems.
- Use written, oral and nonverbal messages to convey ideas, information and intentions effectively in the business environment.
- Leverage digital tools to support successful business decision-making, organizational communication, business operations and customer relations.
- Use team skills such as leadership, followership and human relations to promote organizational effectiveness and contribute meaningfully to team projects.
- Diagnose communication issues and evaluate business environments in multinational and multicultural case settings and propose appropriate solutions.
- Use analytic and quantitative techniques to understand data, and make sound inferences and well-supported decisions.
- Participate in community-based projects that make a difference in the civic life of our communities and reflect on the ethical and societal implications of such activities for corporations.
- Use multiple approaches to generate alternative innovative organizational change strategies.
- Develop a personal code of values and ethics that includes, among other things, a commitment to understanding themselves and others.
- Diagnose their own learning needs and formulate goals and strategies to seek knowledge from multiple sources.
- Manage creative teams and project processes effectively and efficiently.
- Apply creative processes to management decision-making.
- Build engaging written, visual, digital, audio and mobile and web content in various forms based on fundamental creative design and communication theory.