Focused Areas of Study For Management of Creative Media Majors
To better understand how creative people develop their ideas, and to develop your own creativity, in addition to your core business and management classes, you'll take 18 credits or more in one of the following specialization areas within the Division of Communication & Creative Media:
Specializations in Management of Creative Media
- Film Management gives you hands-on experience as you collaborate with other students to produce short works, learn the use of lighting equipment, and gain skills in audio and video recording, digitizing and editing.
- Game Management will apply your business foundation to the fast-paced world of game development. You will work with our other game development majors in the Champlain Game Studio, where you will be responsible for guiding each production team to success.
- Design Management teaches you how to use the industry-standard Adobe Creative Suite, study two-dimensional design and color theory, the history of art, publication layout and design, the requirements of digital artwork, and the protocol a designer needs to follow to during the production process.
- Publication Management will give you the most effective methods in producing content and preparing it for mass consumption, including the most up-to-date methods of creative and technical writing, image and media creation, digital graphic design and layout, promotion and marketing.
- Streaming Media Management offers the technical and creative fundamentals in audio and video production, streaming-media design, wireless communication, electronic media writing and producing media for mobile devices.