Why Middle School Teacher Education?
Middle School education represents great opportunity for today's education majors: more job openings exist for teaching middle school students than any other age group.
Middle school is an exciting time in the lives of these students and an awesome period in which to have a profound impact on someone's life through excellent teaching.
Champlain Middle School Education Graduates Are Ready.
In addition to the extensive career-focused programs and support offered College-wide, each of Champlain's career-focused majors features learning opportunities and other programs that help our students create highly marketable resumes. Highlights include:
- All members of the Middle School Education faculty are professionals in their field, which is an essential factor in our students getting the most cutting-edge education in the field possible.
- As you learn teaching techniques in the college classroom, you immediately get to apply them in local middle school classrooms, moving from observation to tutoring, preparing lesson plans and giving lessons, all the way to full-time student teaching.
- Middle School Teacher Education students get to observe and work in classrooms at local schools. It's real experience that students learn from and use to build a foundation for their resumes.
- Learn to use state-of-the-art technology in the classroom and create an electronic portfolio to showcase your work as you interview for teaching positions.
- Get recommended for Vermont Licensure: Meeting requirements for Praxis I and II tests, earning a 3.0 GPA or higher and successfully completing full-time student teaching will make you eligible for Vermont teaching licensure, which is recognized in 48 states.