Champlain College's Psychology major is one of the most diverse and practical psychology programs in the country. You will focus on how your psychology learning applies to a wide range of job sectors and career choices and customize your academic choices based on what will be most applicable to your career goals.
By the time you complete the requirements for your Psychology degree at Champlain College, you will be able to:
- Apply major psychological concepts, theoretical perspectives, and empirical findings to personal, social, organizational and professional issues.
- Use a historically informed and culturally sensitive perspective when applying psychology to personal and professional situations.
- Design, conduct, analyze and interpret basic and applied psychology research.
- Access and assess the quality of various sources of information about human behavior and draw conclusions about their potential application to personal, social, organizational and professional situations.
- Justify their own and evaluate others actions using the general ethical principles of the American Psychological Association as a framework.
- Analyze personal interests, skills and goals and creatively synthesize them with their knowledge of careers and psychology to create professional opportunities.