Do you like making connections? Do you enjoy blogging? Are you super active on Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Pinterest? Are you involved in community outreach, political campaigns or fundraisers for good causes? Are you the first person others turn to when an event needs to get pulled together?
If you are the kind of person who loves working with people, likes crafting messages and thrives on the energy of connecting people to ideas, and wants to learn more about strategic communication methods and messaging, consider a career in Public Relations—one of the fastest growing professions in the country.
The point of public relations is to build awareness for your clients by generating positive relationships between an organization and the public. Public Relations professionals engage in research and audience analysis, strategy design, and implementation and measurement of strategic initiatives.
There's no better place to start than the Champlain Bachelor of Science in Public Relations program. Right from the start of your education, you'll be diving into:
- Social Media
- Media Relations
- Event Planning
- Campaign Development & Implementation
- Effective Writing Techniques
- Brand & Identity Creation
- Audience Analysis and Analytics
- Writing: Press Releases, Blogging, Media Kits, Website Content
- Video Production
- Graphic Design
Public Relations: A Fast-Moving Major
- Thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking Media and Society and Visual and Digital Fundamentals, as well as at least two other courses from the Public Relations curriculum in your first year at Champlain.
- Our field-tested Public Relations faculty will teach you the technical and creative expertise you need to stand out in this highly competitive field.
- Build a highly marketable resume and portfolio through our extensive Public Relations internship opportunities at places like Keurig Green Mountain and Lake Champlain Chocolates.
- Spend a semester studying abroad at one of our campuses in Montreal, Dublin or anywhere in the world through our study-abroad global partner programs.
- This major will teach you to design and implement hands-on public relations campaigns for local organizations. Learn about the skills you will master in the Public Relations major.
- Students in the Public Relations program have interned throughout Vermont and beyond; many of these internships have led to post-graduate job opportunities. Envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.