Do you like making connections? Do you enjoy blogging? Are you super active on Twitter, Instagram, Vine, Pinterest? Are you involved in community outreach, political campaigns or fundraisers for good causes? Are you the first person others turn to when an event needs to get pulled together?
If you are the kind of person who loves working with people, likes crafting messages and thrives on the energy of connecting people to ideas, consider a career in Public Relations—one of the fastest growing professions in the country.
The point of public relations is to build trustworthy awareness of your client through meeting, helping and directing people, and otherwise reaching out. The PR process includes research, audience analysis, strategy design, communication/implementation and measurement.
There's no better place to start, than the Champlain Bachelor of Science in Public Relations program. Right from the start of your education, you'll be diving into:
- Social Media
- Media Relations
- Event Planning
- Campaign Development & Implementation
- Effective Writing Techniques
- Brand & Identity Creation
- Audience Analysis
- Writing: Press Releases, Blogging, Media Kits, Website Content
- Video & Graphic Design Production
Public Relations: A Fast-Moving Major
- Thanks to our Upside-Down Curriculum, you'll be taking Mass Media and Society and Building a Business in a Global Environment, as well as at least two other courses from the Public Relations curriculum in your first year at Champlain.
- Our field-tested Public Relations faculty will teach you the technical and creative expertise you need to stand out in this highly competitive field.
- Build a highly marketable resume and portfolio through our extensive Public Relations internship opportunities at places like Seventh Generation and Lake Champlain Chocolates.
- Gain a global perspective by taking a semester abroad is built right into the program so you can spend a semester studying at one of our campuses in Montreal, Dublin, or anywhere in the world through our study-abroad partners.
- This major will teach you to design and implement hands-on, field based streaming media projects. Learn the other skills you will master in the Public Relations major.
- You are part of the generation that changed how (and where!) we view media, now become part in determining its future; envision your Career Success.
- Find out what you need to know to Apply to this popular major.