Financial Terms and Conditions
FINANCIAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS
Prior to application to a program, or enrollment in a course or courses, you will be asked to electronically sign the form below as proof you are aware of the student terms and conditions of the truED program.
Subscription Levels and Course Allocation
- All courses for which students enroll are included in their available course credit allocation, commensurate with their subscription level. Subsequent withdrawal from courses, once they have started, result in the course being calculated against the available course allocation.
- Students may only register for the number and types of courses per semester that their subscription allows.
- New enrollments during session 2 of any term may register at 50% of the total semester cost commensurate with the desired number and level of courses.
- New enrollees at the “Plus” subscription level are allowed only at the beginning of each full semester since the credits carried may vary between terms. Changes in subscription level are permitted prior to the start of each semester as follows: April 1 (Summer), August 1 (Fall), December 1 (Spring).
Payment Arrangements and Responsibilities
- All students (excluding employer agreed direct bill programs) are required to enroll in the monthly truED automatic payment plan, requiring automatic payment via checking/savings (ACH) or credit card. A late fee of $25.00 will be assessed on each payment not satisfied by the due date, which is the 15th of every month.
- Champlain College does not charge fees for checking/savings (ACH) authorized withdrawal transactions from students’ bank accounts (though banks may charge fees). Credit card transactions are subject to a 2.75% convenience fee.
- Students whose payment agreements become past due by two installments have until the 15th of the next month to bring the account current or their subscription may be terminated and course attendance withdrawn/blocked. Students who incur termination will be assessed a $199.00 re-enrollment fee prior to readmission.
- Please note that regardless of students’ enrollment in classes, billing will continue; therefore it is vital that students cancel their truED plan if they discontinue classes.
- The truED plan requires automated payment. Financial aid cannot be used in lieu of the automated monthly payment plan.
- However, students are eligible to apply for federal financial aid if they are enrolled in a degree program. Any financial aid disbursed to Champlain College in excess of the student’s balance will be refunded following confirmation that the student is attending their courses for the semester.
- Students who are receiving financial aid but who withdraw from a course may be subject to recalculation of their financial aid, as required by federal regulations. This may result in re-payment due from the student. For more information on the Federal Return of Title IV funds requirement, please refer to Champlain College’s online catalog.
- Initial truED plan enrollment can only be approved and finalized when the truED Financial Terms and Conditions are acknowledged by the student at the time of enrollment.
- First time enrollees will be allowed a 72 hour cancellation period from the truED Financial Terms and Conditions acknowledgement date to cancel the subscription program without fees.
- Students may cancel their subscription at any time by providing written notice to their academic advisor 30 days prior to the start of the next billing cycle. For example, since bills are run a month in advance, in order to avoid billing for November enrollment, notice must be received before October 1. Students are responsible for all current bills on their account.
- As mentioned above in “Payment Arrangements,” please be sure to specifically cancel your truED plan if you discontinue classes.
- Students who terminate their subscription and decide to re-enroll at a later time are subject to a $199.00 re-enrollment fee each time a subscription is paused or terminated and then restarted.
Questions regarding authorization may be directed to the Enrollment Service Center at (802) 860-2777.