Send us a message or call us at 888-545-3459.
MS in Executive Leadership: Application Process
We would like to make your application and acceptance to Champlain College's online MS in Executive Leadership program as smooth and effortless as possible. To help you with your application, we have outlined the admission requirements and application process below. When considering potential students, Champlain focuses on two areas: professional experience and academics.
Professional Experience Requirements
- At least two years of work experience
- A statement of your program objectives and professional goals
- A current resume containing professional experience
- Two letters of recommendation-(1) someone able to speak to your professional experience and (2) someone able to speak to the approach you will bring to your academic experience
- An undergraduate bachelor's degree from a regionally accredited institution or the equivalent with a minimum GPA of 2.5
- Official transcripts for each institution attended, whether or not a degree was conferred
- Foreign transcripts must be evaluated by a recognized equivalency service
- Non-native English speakers must achieve a TOEFL score of at least 600 paper-based or 250 computer-based to qualify
You will be required to respond to an essay question as part of the application process. The essay should be a minimum of 300 words, and should address the specific question found in the online application.
Undergraduate Degree Requirement
We encourage students from a variety of backgrounds to consider Champlain College’s graduate programs. You must have completed a baccalaureate-level program from a regionally accredited institution, and have a GPA that demonstrates your ability to perform graduate-level academic work.
Work Experience Requirement
We suggest that applicants have work experience in a managerial or professional role, or current employment in a professional work environment with opportunities for advancement or learning new skills. Champlain welcomes students who may have little work experience, but who can demonstrate their ability to perform in a program that integrates learning into the workplace. Each student's experience will be considered on a case-by-case basis.
Official academic transcripts (not photocopies or those issued directly to a student) are required from all colleges and universities you have attended. Please contact each college's Registrar's office and sign a release to have your transcripts sent to Office of Graduate Admission at Champlain College. If you have taken any graduate-level courses, be sure to have those transcripts sent to us, also.
Please submit an updated resume that communicates your work history. You should pay particular attention to the most recent five-year period. Your resume should be at a level of detail sufficient for the Admission Committee to assess your ability to move between projects and assignments within a single organization.
Letters of Recommendation
You are required to submit two letters of recommendation. One from a manager or supervisor in your professional field, and another from someone who can speak to the approach you will bring to your academic experience. In the absence of such a manager or supervisor, the recommendation should be from someone who can assess your capabilities as an employee or as a student. Recommendations will not be accepted from relatives or family members.