Apply to the MS in Emergent Media
Applications are accepted year-round and applicants will be notified in four to six weeks. Applications are accepted after the deadline on a space-available basis, and institutional financial aid will be awarded on a funds-available basis.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Professional Experience
- Letters of Recommendation
- TOEFL (Test of English Language) if applicable
- Personal Interview
The first step in applying to an online master's degree program at Champlain College is to begin your online application. You'll need to create an account, select the program you are applying to, and follow the step-by-step instructions. Keep in mind you can save your progress and log back in at a later point to complete your application.
MS in Emergent Media Tuition
Bachelor's Degree Requirement
We encourage students from a variety of backgrounds to consider Champlain College’s graduate programs. You must have completed a baccalaureate-level program from a regionally accredited institution with at least a 2.5 GPA or equivalent.
Official academic transcripts (not photocopies or those issued directly to a student) are required from all colleges and universities you have attended. Please contact each college's Registrar's office and sign a release to have your transcripts sent to Office of Graduate Admission at Champlain College. If you have taken any graduate-level courses, be sure to have those transcripts sent to us, also.
Please submit an updated resume that communicates your work history. You should pay particular attention to the most recent five-year period. Your resume should be at a level of detail sufficient for the Admission Committee to assess your ability to move between projects and assignments within a single organization.
Statement Of Purpose
A writing sample (500-1,000 words) is required as part of the application. All applicants must address three interconnected questions:
- Given our program’s focus on creativity, collaboration and innovation in technology, how would you describe your key strengths?
- What areas are your weaknesses in, and which areas do you want to grow and expand in?
- How will the MS in Emergent Media help you get where you want to go?
Two Letters of Recommendation
You are required to submit two letters of recommendation from a manager or supervisor in your professional field. In the absence of such a manager or supervisor, the recommendation should be from someone who can assess your capabilities as an employee or as a student. Recommendations will not be accepted from relatives or family members.
Your analysis should analyze and assess your role in a project that involved degrees of creativity, collaboration and innovation. The project you analyze could be almost any type—a performance or event, an expressive artwork, a software application or commercial product, an educational program. The project can be anything designed to have an impact and about which you can reflect on your experience and performance.
Assembled into a single PDF or PowerPoint file (up to 3,000 words), your project analysis should pay attention to:
- Contextual information about the project
- A description of your role in the project
- Relevant materials/examples from the project (narrative description, programming code, images, screenshots, URLs, etc.) and a clear indication of what each example represents in the context of the project
- An assessment of new opportunities created by the project and improvements that could have been made
- Project analyses will be submitted via the web. Please contact us for more details.
TOEFL (Test of English as a Foreign Language)
All applicants whose undergraduate education was not delivered in English must submit a TOEFL score, with essay. Minimum total scores required for consideration are 550 (paper) /213 (computer) /80 (Internet). These scores do not guarantee admission. For more information on the TOEFL, visit the TOEFL website.