Chapter 31 Vocational Rehabilitation and Employment (VR&E)
This program's primary function is to help veterans who have service-connected disabilities become suitably employed, maintain employment, or achieve independence in daily living. VA will provide the cost of all tuition, books, fees, equipment, and will also provide a monthly subsistence allowance during training.
- Veterans: ≥10% service-connected disability.
- Active Duty: ≥20% VA disability memo.
Apply online at http://www.benefits.va.gov/vocrehab/index.asp .
To Claim Benefits:
- Enroll through http://www.benefits.va.gov/vocrehab/index.asp .
- Meet with VR&E counselor to establish education plan.
- Have your VR&E counselor send the Veteran Services Office form 28-1905 Authorization for tuition and the school book store form 28-1905 for books/supplies.
Please provide the VR&E counselor with this information:
Information for tuition voucher:
163 South Willard Street
PO Box 670
Burlington, VT 05402-0670
ATTN: Veteran and Military Services
p (802) 865-5778
f (802) 860-2775
Information for books and supplies voucher: CHANGED EFFECTIVE 8/28/15
Champlain College Bookstore, Follett
375 Maple Street
Burlington VT 05401
fax: (802) 860-2754
(Manager is Kevin McCann (802) 863-8961 email@example.com )
Make 28-1905 specifically for the new bookstore in in order for the voucher to be accepted at the Bookstore. 28-1905 made out to Champlain College are not valid at the bookstore because the College and the Bookstore are separate business/billing entities.
If your VA regional office needs a new vendorization form completed, please send it directly Mr Kevin McCann (Manager).
School refunds of excessive funds due to other financial aid
Refunds are only made once:
1. Actual funds are received and/or applied to account.
2. Attendance for the session is confirmed (called census)
Questions about refunds should be directed to the office of Student Accounts.
Contact them at: (802) 860-2777
Visit our What's Next page for more information regarding claiming your benefit.