To Champlain College Online
Congratulations! You have made the decision to apply for an online degree or certificate program at Champlain College.
We are happy to accept your materials as you complete them; however, for your application to be processed and to be considered a complete packet you must submit all the required pieces. We have created an application checklist to help you make sure you don't miss any pieces.
Qualifications for admission to a degree program
Your grades in high school or college from 15+ years ago may or may not reflect the student you will be now. At the Division of Continuing Professional Studies we look at your whole story: those grades, but also your resume, your work/life experiences, and what you include in your essay. Our admissions team seeks to admit students who, through those factors, demonstrate:
- A solid academic foundation
- High school diploma or equivalent
- College GPA 2.5 or better for transfer students
- The ability and attitude for success
- The ability to make a positive contribution to the College educational community
Online Application Tips:
- You will need to create an account to use our online application. Creation of an account allows you to stop and return to your application without losing any information. Be sure to read the account creation instructions carefully, though. You MUST use your legal name as the information you use will be automatically input on the online application and cannot be changed.
- You do not need to complete the entire application in one sitting; you may start it, save, and go back to it. You may also submit your completed application and send the essay at a later date.
- You do not need to have your high school and college transcripts before submitting your application. In fact, we encourage you to get your application in and simply request your prior institutions to send those documents directly to us.
- Information you will need to complete the application:
- Names and dates of high school(s) attended
- Names and dates of college(s) attended
- You do NOT need SAT/ACT scores unless you completed high school less than 5 years ago.
- Employer name and address
- Your social security number