Part-Time Students

Financial aid awards are made upon registration. If you receive aid, you must meet certain enrollment requirements, such as attending each class for which you are registered. In addition, the Federal Stafford Loan Program requires you to be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits per semester). Failure to comply with requirements can result in the reduction or cancellation of your financial aid award, leaving you personally liable for payment.

To be eligible for most student loans, you must be enrolled at least half-time (6 credits) in a degree program. But search all options. Even if you're enrolled less than half-time, financial aid may be available. For example, if you're in a certificate program and you are a Vermont resident, you may be eligible for a non-degree grant from Vermont Student Assistance Corporation. And remember to keep copies of your financial aid information for your files. The Financial Aid Office may request financial aid applications for each new academic year.

How to Apply For Financial Aid

  • Complete and submit the FAFSA (

    The FAFSA is our official application for federal aid and is also required by most states in their grant application process. Our Title IV School Code is 003684. Do not submit your FAFSA prior to January 1, 2011, as the federal processor will not accept it.

    We encourage you to use completed tax information when completing the FAFSA, but when necessary estimated figures may be used. Financial aid awards based on estimated financial information will be subject to review and revision once taxes are finalized. Please submit your FAFSA information as soon as possible, even if you have not completed the application process. That way, when you are accepted and ready to register, your financial aid paperwork will already be underway and you won't be stuck waiting for word of your financial aid status!
  • Complete and submit a state grant application

    Vermont residents may apply for a VSAC grant after January 1st. [VSAC grant application] Students from other states should contact their state grant agency for further information and application procedures.