Frequently Asked Questions

Billing Information Newsletters

Review important information about your semester billing statements:

Undergraduate Students2016 Fall Semester Undergraduate Billing News

Continuing Professional Studies Students- Coming soon! 2016 Fall Semester CPS Billing News

Graduate Students- Coming soon! 2016 Fall Semester Graduate Billing Newsl

truED Students - Click here to learn more about your Payment Arrangements and Responsibilities.

When will my refund check or electronic fund transfer be ready?

If you would like to receive your refund check via Electronic Funds Transfer, please see our Refunds page for more information. Electronic refunds are directly deposited to your bank account and an email notification is sent to the student when the refund has been released.

Each semester, students who receive financial aid that overpays their student account statement,  receive a refund after their enrollment is confirmed, beginning the third Friday of the semester.  Students are encouraged to enroll in electronic refunds in support of our Champlain's sustainability initiatives. Student enrolled in electronic refunds will receive an email notification. If  a student is not enrolled in electronic refunds, a check will be issued and will be available for pickup at the  Enrollment Service Center  at 174 Perry Hall from 1 pm - 4:30 pm on Friday, 9:00 am - 4:30 pm the next Monday and 9:00 am - 3:00 pm on Tuesday. Checks not picked up will be mailed to the local address of the student unless it is a refund to the parent on a PLUS loan overpayment. Study Abroad students must also complete enrollment verification through the Office of International Education before a refund check can be mailed to the home address.

How do I update my address?

Addresses can be updated online at the Registrar's Office. Refund checks are mailed to the local address during the academic year. We encourage electronic check refunds to avoid mailing delays.

Can I pay my bill over the phone?

No, payment can ONLY be made in the form of:

  • Online at Secure Online Payment
  • Cash or check in person at the Office of Student Accounts
  • Check via the mail

What is the mailing address to send payments for Student Accounts?

Champlain College
Office of Student Accounts
163 South Willard Street
PO Box 670
Burlington, VT 05402-0670

How do I receive a billing statement?

Fall billing statements are available online for all students. Bills will not be mailed. If you are the student, and would like to allow others to view and/or pay your bill online, please register them as an authorized user. Please visit our Making Payments on Student Accounts page for information on how to do this.

2016 Fall Semester bills will be posted online by June 25, 2016.

When are the Pay in Full due dates?

Summer: April 10
Fall: July 25
Spring: November 25

I do not feel comfortable paying my bill online. What other payment methods are available?

You can mail a check to the Office of Student Accounts. Please indicate the student ID number on the check. Or you can pay in person at the Office of Student Accounts Office located at 140 Perry Hall.

Is a payment plan available?

Yes, full- time students may pay through the Tuition Management Payment Plan, TMS, offered for the academic year. (Ten Payments from May 15, 2016 to Feb 15, 2017). Please visit Payment Plans or for more information.

Yes, part-time students, summer and graduate students may pay through our online payment plan each semester on TouchNET.   Please visit Payment Plans for more information.

How can an undergraduate or MFA student full-time waive the Student Health Insurance?

Undergraduate traditional and MFA student may complete an online waiver form on WebAdvisor. On the Student menu,  see "FT-Decline Health Ins" to access the form. Information on this process is located on our Student Health Insurance page.

What is the Deadline for Health Insurance Waivers?

Students enrolled for the fall & spring semesters must waive the Student Health Insurance by August 26 as the final deadline. The preferred waiver due date is July 25th, the fall semester due date.

Are students who are awarded Title IV Federal Student Aid eligible for Bookstore vouchers?

Students who have been awarded Title IV Federal Student Aid (Federal Direct, Perkins, or PLUS Loans and Pell and SEOG Grants) and will have a credit balance on their account are eligible to request book vouchers. These vouchers may be used at the Champlain College bookstore to purchase books and/or supplies. The College has the right to make to the final determination of the amount that is available for the student.

Eligible students who fail to take advantage of this opportunity will be deemed as opting out of this option for the semester.