A STEP-BY-STEP Guide: International Applicants
You are considered an International Applicant and should follow the application instructions below if you...
- Do NOT have US citizenship
- Are NOT a permanent resident of the United States
- Require a visa to attend Champlain College
*Note: If you do not match the above description, please go back to HOW TO APPLY to choose a different application as you should not be applying as an International Applicant.
1. COMPLETE AND SUBMIT THE COMMON APPLICATION
You will be required to create an account to get started and Champlain College requires a short supplement to complete your application. This application allows you to apply to multiple schools at once, if you so choose. Please note that all International students are required to complete The Common Application and should NOT apply via The Champlain College Online Application.
2. ADDITIONAL REQUIRED ITEMS TO COMPLETE YOUR APPLICATION:
- Original documents or certified copies of secondary school courses and marks earned, and/or secondary school completion examination scores (whichever is customary in your country), must be submitted. All documents must be translated into English, if necessary. (This is the student's responsibility to arrange and pay for. Contact; www.wes.org for information on this service)
- Standardized Test Scores:
TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic scores for students whose first language is not English. The following minimum scores are required for full admission:
Internet-based TOEFL (iBT): 79
Paper-based TOEFL: 550
PTE Academic: 58
International students that do not have the required minimum TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic score can be accepted to Champlain College under a Conditional Admission status. Conditional admission requires students to spend at least a semester enrolled in the ESL program at Saint Michael's College in nearby Colchester, Vermont to hone their English skills and raise their test scores to the level required for full admission.
The scores below are needed for conditional admission:
Internet-based TOEFL (iBT): 61
Computer-based TOEFL: 173
Paper-based TOEFL: 500
PTE Academic: 44
Note: Students who receive below the minimum TOEFL, IELTS, or PTE Academic scores for conditional admission cannot be admitted to Champlain College.
As of Spring 2016, SAT or ACT scores must be submitted for all international students
- Champlain's SAT code is 3291 and our ACT code is 4298. SAT and ACT score reports can be sent to Champlain from the CollegeBoard and ACT websites respectively.
- Although these examinations may not be offered in all counties, we still require all applicants to submit an SAT or ACT score to be considered for admission.
- Bank statements or a sponsor's financial statement certifying your ability to meet expenses of attending Champlain College for one academic year. In addition, sponsors are required to submit a letter of support.
- A legible copy of your passport. The passport must be valid for six months from the date of your completed application.
- Two recommendations: One recommendation should be from your guidance counselor and the other recommendation should be from someone that can best highlight your academic potential.
- If you are applying to the Creative Media, Filmmaking, Game Art and Animation, Game Design, or Graphic Design & Digital Media, please upload your portfolio. Learn more about portfolio requirements.
- Optional: if you have taken college courses, and you would like those courses evaluated for transfer credit, please send official college transcripts.
- For Early Decision Applicants: Please submit the Early Decision Agreement Form to complete your Early Decision application.