As a general observation, the college has shared computer resources strategically located around the campus: in the Miller Information Commons (library), computer labs, the student lounge and other areas.
Our IT help desk provides assistance connecting personal computers to the campus network and installing the College's anti-virus software. If the student computer needs hardware repair, the student will be referred to his warranty service provider or a local vendor for service.
Champlain College cannot guarantee full network resources for computers that do not meet the recommended specifications, including older Microsoft Windows computers as well as Macintosh or Linux computers.
Minimum Requirements for CPS Technology Programs:
Require Microsoft Office or compatible software
- Students will find significant advantages to working on systems having large screens that are easy to read for long periods of time. A good quality 21 inch 1920x1080 screen would work well for most students, but 2 smaller displays may also work well.
- A laptop or desktop system running Windows 7 or newer, a Mac running OS 10.6 or newer, or a recent version of a Linux desktop release.
- Apple and Linux systems will meet the requirements for some required software, but non-Windows users will find software differences to be common. Furthermore, some instructors may not be familiar with non-Windows systems and are able to provide limited or no assistance.
- Some of the software needed for course work will only work with Windows. Non-Windows users will need to make use of virtualization software that will support Windows 7. In most cases, the cost of purchasing this software is the responsibility of the student.
- Mobile Devices: Apple iOS 5.0 and newer (probably will change with new mobile version of Canvas), Android version 2.2 and later (again may change with new version of Canvas app)
- 2.4 GHz or faster processor
- 4 GB or more of RAM
- 300 GB or more hard drive
- 500 MB or better video card capable of 1920x1080 resolution or higher
- CD/DVD RW Drive
- Webcam and microphone are not required, but may be helpful for remote support and real-time interaction.
- Bandwidth of 512 Kbps (i.e. basic DSL) minimum required to support the Canvas Learning Management System
- Bandwidth of 1.5 Mbps minimum to support good video streaming.
- Supported browsers: Latest two versions of Chrome, Firefox, Internet Explorer or Safari (Note: I’m not sure if this is always true for Canvas)
- Adobe Flash Player 9.0.0 or higher and various Java plugins as needed