Deposited Students: It's Time to Pick Your Mansion!
Admitted Student Housing Selection
First-year housing selections due June 10, 2017!
As a first-year student, you may choose to live in one of 19 Victorian-era residence halls. Follow the instructions below to request your housing for the 2017-2018 academic year. Our housing tool will also allow you to find and request roommates.
We're here to help!
If you require assistance activating your account/setting a new password, please contact the ChampSupport team at 802.860.2710 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you experience any issues logging in to The Housing Director, please contact Melody Brook at 802.865.5487 or email@example.com.
Housing Selection Process
- In order to begin the housing selection process, you must make your tuition and housing deposits. If you have not yet done so, please visit champlain.edu/deposit and pay your deposits. It will take up to 72-hours to process your deposits and provide access to your account. You will receive an email with the subject “Champlain College Housing” when that process is complete. Please do not attempt to follow the steps below until you receive that email.
- After receiving the “Champlain College Housing’ email, you will need to change your Champlain College temporary password from your date of birth to a new, confidential password. To change your temporary password, visit https://welcome.champlain.edu and login with your username (firstname.lastname) and your date of birth (MMDDYYYY). You will be prompted to change your password. Next, click the "Enrollment" tab. You will be required to answer three security questions and/or enter an alternate email address, which will ensure you have the ability to reset your password should you forget it, or get locked out of the system in the future. (You may have already changed your password from MMDDYYY as part of the application process. If so, you may proceed to Step 3.)
- Your account activation is now complete and you are ready to login to The Housing Director. Visit The Housing Director (THD) (our online housing selection tool), select the 'Sign into THD Self Service using Champlain' option and login using your Champlain College username and password. (Your username is still your firstname.lastname; your temporary password will no longer work.) If you have trouble logging in, please first try a different browser then contact Melody Brook if you continue to experience issues.
- You will be taken to the Housing Hub home page. Select the 'Application' tab and 'Incoming Student Housing Selection Preference Form: (Fall 2017)’ from the drop-down menu.
- Providing an electronic signature for the housing contract and clicking ‘continue’ will automatically bring you to the Housing Preference Form.
- Complete the Housing Preference Form, indicating your first, second and third residence hall choices.
Roommate Selection Process
By creating a roommate profile you can search for other students with similar interests. Individuals who wish to live together must each select the other(s). Follow the instructions below to find and select roommates.
- Complete a Roommate Profile by selecting the 'Personal Information' tab at the top of the screen and then clicking 'Roommate Profile' from the drop-down menu. (Maintain the default setting 'Make Profile Private: No' to enable roommate selection.) Complete the Profile so that other students can learn more about you, then click ‘Update Roommate Profile’.
- To search for a roommate, select the 'Room Selection' tab, then 'Roommates/Suitemates' from the drop-down menu. Select Term ‘Fall 2017’ and click ‘Submit’. Use the 'Advanced Roommate Search' section to identify other students with lifestyle choices and interests similar to your own. Students who meet your search requirements will be displayed. Students who have already identified a roommate can search for that individual using the 'Simple Roommate Search' fields. (Only students who have completed a Roommate Profile will appear in the results.)
- You may send a message to any students you would like to connect with before requesting them as a roommate. Once you've selected the individual(s) you would like to live with click 'Request This Student.'
- Once a request is sent, the other student must confirm or cancel the request. Once a confirmation is complete, you're done!
- Housing assignments will be made by August 18, 2017 and will appear on your THD home page.