To speak to a Champlain College representative, call 888-545-3459.
COST ACCOUNTING CERTIFICATE
This certificate is designed for entrepreneurs, small business owners and others who need an introduction to the internal accounting needs of business. Decision making, budgeting, planning, financial modeling and cost-volume-profit patterns are emphasized.
Our cost accounting certificate will:
- introduce you to the foundations of accounting knowledge;
- prepare you to create financial reports useful for managers;
- provide insights and skills needed to plan and budget for an organization's future;
- teach you to logically use accounting information to make non-routine decisions;
- prepare you to manage and value an organization's inventory;
- give you skills to make effective decisions about long-term investments for the company's future.
Note: Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call a CPS Counselor at 888-545-3459 for more information.
|ACCT 130||Financial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 140||Managerial Accounting||3|
|ACCT 340||Cost Accounting I||3|
|ACCT 341||Cost Accounting II||3|
|ACCT 350||Accounting Information Systems||3|
Gainful Employment Information
The U.S. government's Gainful Employment Program regulations provide students with the information they need to make informed educational choices including total program costs, loan repayment rates, and career outlooks. As part of the recent regulations on information disclosure for Gainful Employment (GE, 2011), eligible institutions must make available a standard group of information for all programs defined by the GE regulation. For Champlain College, a private, not-for-profit post-secondary institution, all certificate programs fall under the GE definition.
To see the gainful employment information for this certificate, click here.