HUMAN RESOURCE MANAGEMENT CERTIFICATE
Earn your human resource management certificate online at Champlain College and enter this career field with a credential employers will respect. This certificate program is designed for present and future human resources professionals who seek to hone their business and people skills. It includes a thorough introduction to everyday requirements of managing an HR department. In this program, you learn the management skills to effectively recruit, hire, support, develop and retain employees; as well as gain a thorough understanding of the hiring laws, benefits packages, appraisals, employee rights and more.
Our human resource management certificate will:
- Show you how organizations gain sustainable competitive advantage through people
- Explore the legal and moral dimensions of affirmative action, the benefits of diversity to the workplace and to creating a safe and comfortable workplace for all employees.
- Introduce you to the available resources that will allow you to maintain your knowledge in this rapidly changing field.
- Teach you to find and retain people to meet the strategic needs of your organization.
- Explore the most current legal and compliance issues related to the talent in your organization
- Provide you the opportunity to share questions, concerns and relevant personal experiences with others interested in the same profession.
- Provide insight into how to retain a company's employees through career development and effective training.
Note: Some courses in this certificate program may have prerequisites. Please click on the course name for a description and prerequisite information. If prerequisites are listed that are not currently part of the certificate program please call an admissions representative at 888-545-3459 for more information.
|MGMT 320||Managing Talent||3|
|MGMT 325||Strategic Human Resource Management||3|
|BLAW 370||Employment Law||3|
|Plus 2 of the following:|
|BLAW 140||Business Law I||3|
|MGMT 210||Managing Behavior in Organizations||3|
|MGMT 280||Organizational Development||3|
|COMM 340||Organizational Communication||3|
|COMM 350||Conflict Management||3|
|MGMT 370||Business Research Methods||3|