Basic Mediation Workshop
If you must handle conflict in your work, are exploring mediation as a possible future vocation, or want to learn about mediation as a resource for clients, this workshop in basic mediation techniques is for you. A mediator guides difficult discussions, encouraging people to find a satisfactory outcome. Mediation can help resolve disputes among co-workers, neighbors, landlords and tenants, business partners, or business owners and clients.
Participants in this dynamic four-day workshop learn and practice skills in
- identifying and framing issues
- listening for interests
- controlling the process
- helping disputants solve problems
- finalizing agreements, and
- handling special problems in mediation.
This workshop has been approved by the Vermont Board of Mandatory Continuing Legal Education for 26.25 hours. This workshop may be eligible for SHRM re-certification credits. Topical outlines, documentation letter and Certificate of Completion with instructional hours are provided and can be submitted for credit approval.
Tuition for this course can be applied toward Champlain College's Mediation Certificate program or Master of Science in Mediation and Applied Conflict Studies program. The tuition credit does not apply for those already enrolled in the Certificate or Masters programs.
- SCHEDULE- November 12 - 15, 2014 - Registration Now Open.
- COST - $995 - Discounted tuition - $795 for participants employed by Community Justice and Mediation Centers or in a 501c3 nonprofit organization with 50 employees or less. Please verify eligibility at (802) 865-5471.
All Basic Mediation Workshop classes meet at the following times:
6 p.m. - 9 p.m.
9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
9 a.m. - 6:30 p.m.
9 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Register now at https://secure.champlain.edu/mediation
For more information
Payment is due with registration unless prior arrangements have been made.