Reach the Publishing Initiative
Champlain College Publishing Initiative
Nobody else in the world is doing what we do. Our students are actively involved in the great experiment that is publishing in the twenty-first century.
Since 2009, more than 250 undergraduates from eight different academic disciplines—writers, editors, copy-editors, proof-readers, graphic designers, illustrators, artists, marketers, publicists, accountants, videographers, webgeeks—have played a part in some kind of real-world publishing activity.
- We've ushered more than 20 books through every step of creation and production. (And yes, we're talking both print and eBooks, and even interactive eBooks.)
- We've supported them with websites, Facebook pages, Twitter feeds and all the apparatus of social media.
- We've conceived, set up and staged live launch events, and we've also done virtual launches involving live webchats with the authors.
- We've created groundbreaking video book trailers.
- We collaborated with the American Academy of Pediatrics to create an interactive website to allow global discussion of children's health.
Click on the thumbnails on the right to see what else we're up to.
It's not a question of "How can we keep up with what everyone else is doing?" It's a question of "What can we try that nobody else is doing?"